Wheelchair limiting range?

Reaction score
hi all,

Have had a few great days flying, but the iPad app seemed to say limited signal for the remote a few times when only ~250 m out - I have the antennae pointed as recommended in various earlier posts.

Only things I can think of are:

- iPad Air is interfering with the signal due to its size
- my wheelchair is causing interference (in I'm it while flying)

As far as I'm aware the channel setting in the app is only for video, not transmitter signal...

Cheers,
Matt

hard to say. really depends on your area, flight height, trees etc.... today I was able to get to ~300M before i "lost connection", two months ago with no leaves, same path was ~500M. same iPad Mini was used....

Your distance is so far below what others are reporting, it sounds like something isn't right.
Sounds like a little testing is in order.
I doubt the wheelchair would cause it but it should be able to be eliminated easily by having someone else try with the controller say 5 metres away.
And it shouldn't be an issue with the Ipad either. If it was you'd expect lots of others to be complaining.
So that leaves you having to experiment more with some different locations and angles.

Reactions: leglessmatt
I read some were that the p3 is in beginner mode by default which limits the range and some other stuff if its not turned off. maybe check to see if it could be in beginner mode

I read some were that the p3 is in beginner mode by default which limits the range and some other stuff if its not turned off. maybe check to see if it could be in beginner mode

Hi- saw the beginner mode - think it limits to 30m if i remember correctly.

Planning some more testing tomorrow - setting the channels to manual, getting someone to walk away from the chair etc.
Will report back what I find :)

Now that I see you are in the UK it could also be the new built in big brother/nanny were thats built in to the p3s Were it uses the gps to know were you are at and trys to be an authoritarian commie and not let you go past certain distances. I'm wondering how many updates away we are for them also automatically sending a report to the authority's if you even think about doing some thing thats "illegal" or doing like apple has always done and start spying on you and send every thing the micro phone hears and every thing the camera sees to the nsa incase it can later be used to black mail political dissidents and whistle blowers. Or like there newest feature that they started about 2 years ago on all iphones were if a lot of people are all sending videos from the same location such as when some thing is happening or unfolding they alert the police about unusually high amounts of citizens getting video and pics of some thing. and they also can disable them all remotely if any ones recording mass tyranny such as protests and the cops beating people and what not.

Now that I see you are in the UK it could also be the new built in big brother/nanny were thats built in to the p3s Were it uses the gps to know were you are at and trys to be an authoritarian commie and not let you go past certain distances. I'm wondering how many updates away we are for them also automatically sending a report to the authority's if you even think about doing some thing thats "illegal" or doing like apple has always done and start spying on you and send every thing the micro phone hears and every thing the camera sees to the nsa incase it can later be used to black mail political dissidents and whistle blowers. Or like there newest feature that they started about 2 years ago on all iphones were if a lot of people are all sending videos from the same location such as when some thing is happening or unfolding they alert the police about unusually high amounts of citizens getting video and pics of some thing. and they also can disable them all remotely if any ones recording mass tyranny such as protests and the cops beating people and what not.

What are your thoughts on 'chemtrails' and fluoridation?

Reactions: N017RW
... seemed to say limited signal for the remote...
If you have a P2V+ or P2V, then please keep tabs on what I will soon be offering.

Send up a Repeater Drone and explore your world with your Worker Drone (P2V+).
(The repeater drone carries two repeaters for the worker drone: REDbird 5.8ghz RC Repeater and DJI 2.4ghz WiFi Repeater.)

The consumer UAV industry puts both the control and uplink functions into the same box we call a transmitter-controller. The REDbird device is about separating the ground control and uplink points.

A P3 or Inspire 1 can't come close to flying into places where a REDbird equipped P2V+ can go.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.