Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

What's your Top Speed?

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by midwestjeff, Jun 13, 2014.

1. midwestjeff

I recently replaced some motors and upgraded Firmware and I feel like my Phantom is slower than it was before. I want to see what firmware you are running and what is your top speed with no tail wind. My newly repaired Phantom is now running 3.04 and my top speed in calm wind is 30.00 MPH. I used to cruise around 35MPH and I'm not sure if its the firmware or the motors or both..

Thanks

2. D_Tshudy

I'm with you, Jeff. I think the firmware slowed top speed. If you want to fly fast, switch to Atti mode. That makes a big difference.
    - Dave

3. Geoelectro

Please be responsible with this info. Several months ago I too read that ATTI mode flew faster and wanted to see how fast I could go. What I didn't know is in ATTI mode flying fast does not hold altitude. Mine flew right into a lake! Make sure you understand you have to maintain altitude when flying without GPS. I learned this lesson the hard way.

Geo

4. Zinnware

Excellent point about ATTI mode that no one should overlook.
    I believe that top speed has been reduced in later versions of the software by reducing the maximum pitch in GPS mode.

5. yali

When you try to test your speed, why did you fly so low at the same time ? If you fly high enough, like 300 feet, I believe it won't happen! Even if it started to happen, you would have enough time to find it before it goes into lake!

6. Hovtech

I have hit 65mph. Of course the return trip I could only hit 8mph.

7. Zinnware

If you are interested in Top Speed. Here is a list of some Phantom 1, 2, Vision users who use a data flight recorder.
    I would guess with certainty that all top speeds of those ranked in the to 90 were reordered with a tailwind. You can click into each entry to see details and analyze the data at point the top speed was achieved and determine the direction of travel. You can then compare that to speed when flying in the opposite direction.

http://www.flytrex.com/challenges/speed/phantom-all/

8. yawnalot29

I get close to 40. Stock, unmodified, out of box. No wind.

9. DBS

DBS

Same here... I noticed 38mph in the flytrex data on this video after I edited it and watched a couple times...
    Never noticed I was going that fast while I was flying though

http://youtu.be/P9qIte_uwCc

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9qIte_uwCc[/youtube]

10. Dadcat

Nice video DBS! I like seeing what kind of quality the V+ should be able to get.

Last week, I had the chance to fly a friend's Vision+ on firmware 3.04 along with mine that's still on 3.00. I did 2-way speed runs on each, a few minutes apart, averaging the speeds in each direction to cancel wind effects. Here are the max speeds I achieved on each:

P2V+ FW 3.04: 22 miles/hour

P2V+ FW 3.00: 34 miles/hour

Both were done in GPS mode. This is consistent with the stated max speeds of 10 and 15 meters per second.

11. marzvt

In attitude mode I saw 38mph, in gps mode I have never flown faster than 28mph

12. Sasquatch

Let me get back to you and because I'm still going through a learning curve. ;)

13. LMC

LMC