What's your standard resolution filming format?

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm taking an informal poll. What's your standard resolution filming settings for general, yet high-quality every day use? 1080 at 60 FPS? 4K at 30 FPS? Etc

I film everything at 4K @ 30fps.

Biggest 4K @ 24fps I have not had anything to shoot in slo mo yet. But when I do that will be biggest 4K @ 60fps.

Last edited:
I always shoot in 4K30 and if the need arrises to produce a lower resolution I can do that in post. When I first started with drones with the I1Pro I shot in 4K24 but I found video at 24fps to be too stuttery...

Brian

I always shoot in 4K30 and if the need arrises to produce a lower resolution I can do that in post. When I first started with drones with the I1Pro I shot in 4K24 but I found video at 24fps to be too stuttery...

Brian
Got a buddy that's a filmmaker and he swears by 24fps Brian. I just changed to it a few days ago and for what I'm shooting it looks great to me. The faster your subject in your shot is moving across the frame it will be a little tiny bit more stuttery in 24fps. But for cinematic landscape stuff, I don't see not much diff at all between 24 and 30.

Got a buddy that's a filmmaker and he swears by 24fps Brian. I just changed to it a few days ago and for what I'm shooting it looks great to me. The faster your subject in your shot is moving across the frame it will be a little tiny bit more stuttery in 24fps. But for cinematic landscape stuff, I don't see not much diff at all between 24 and 30.

Yeah, when I first started flying drones I also followed the recommendation of 24fps for the "cinematic" look, but I think the perspective from above with a drone changes the equation. With ground level video the camera is generally level with the ground or nearly so and is not moving so there little pixel movement other than objects moving in the FOV -- with a drone shooting somewhat downwards there's much more pixel movement so you see the stuttering effect more. 30fps doesn't seem like much of an increase over 24fps but in my experience it makes a huge difference. Now it would be tempting to go with an even faster frame rate, but doing so with current drone video processing hardware/software comes at the expense of quality as the higher frame rates result in higher data rates going into the video processor.

Brian

Reactions: KevMo Photog
Yeah, when I first started flying drones I also followed the recommendation of 24fps for the "cinematic" look, but I think the perspective from above with a drone changes the equation. With ground level video the camera is generally level with the ground or nearly so and is not moving so there little pixel movement other than objects moving in the FOV -- with a drone shooting somewhat downwards there's much more pixel movement so you see the stuttering effect more. 30fps doesn't seem like much of an increase over 24fps but in my experience it makes a huge difference. Now it would be tempting to go with an even faster frame rate, but doing so with current drone video processing hardware/software comes at the expense of quality as the higher frame rates result in higher data rates going into the video processor.

Brian
Love your reply Brian! Agree totally man. It's all about the movement of the pixels man. I would love to shoot some 60fps stuff at some point. I just need something cool to slow down.

Reactions: Raptorman0909
I usually stick to 4K30 or 4K60 depends on needs. I didn’t use the 24/48 variant as most of my playback is on device or computer with 60hz refresh rate. And 30/60 divides evenly on these displays without stutter

Reactions: KevMo Photog
HI everyone I have a Mavic pro And I seem to have a lot of problems with it. It will not collaborate I think I might of messed it up. PLEASE can anyone help.
Three consecutive posts to the wrong thread! Please delete and repost to MavicPilots.com . Thanks! :cool:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4