Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

whats your range?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JRUSH311, Aug 24, 2015.

1. JRUSH311

IM new to the drone community and will be purchasing a phantom likely within the next 2 weeks
    Likely start out with a Phantom2
    unsure what the vision+ means

Ive read a good bit and remain confused as to the range of these phantoms
    I understand the remote control has a way farther range than the video feed ( which is usually wifi)

so my question is what ranges do you guys get out of your setups?
    I just dont think that 800-1000ft for the video feed wifi is enough range and will likely need to upgrade to RF
    or whatever you guys use for more range
    Im looking for 1500-2000 ft FPV and rc control

I see a lot of different brands and setups but have no clue what im looking at

#1 JRUSH311, Aug 24, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  2. GadgetGuy

Just get a P3A or P3P with built in Lightbridge and be done with it! Not one person who owns a P3A or P3P wishes they had the much more limited range of the P2 or P2v+, but a lot of the P2 and P2V+ owners paid $1,500 additional to add the Lightbridge setup to their rigs, which is included free in the P3A and Phantom 3 Professional!:cool: The specs say 1.2 miles, but 2.7 miles can be achieved under optimal circumstances with clear LOS! You'll always want to go farther than you originally planned on!:D

3. JRUSH311

I did not realize this
    very good information
    so the Phantom 3 Advanced has a much farther range for both control AND video feed?
    just to confirm

4. GadgetGuy

Indeed, out of the box, with no mods or upgrades required!:cool:
    Plus the P3A camera is rectilinear, and requires no post production correction to perspective to keep your horizons straight, unlike the P2V+. (They may still not be perfectly level, until you set everything up correctly, but they will always be straight!)