whats your range?

Reaction score
IM new to the drone community and will be purchasing a phantom likely within the next 2 weeks
Likely start out with a Phantom2
unsure what the vision+ means

Ive read a good bit and remain confused as to the range of these phantoms
I understand the remote control has a way farther range than the video feed ( which is usually wifi)

so my question is what ranges do you guys get out of your setups?
I just dont think that 800-1000ft for the video feed wifi is enough range and will likely need to upgrade to RF
or whatever you guys use for more range
Im looking for 1500-2000 ft FPV and rc control

I see a lot of different brands and setups but have no clue what im looking at

Last edited:
Just get a P3A or P3P with built in Lightbridge and be done with it! Not one person who owns a P3A or P3P wishes they had the much more limited range of the P2 or P2v+, but a lot of the P2 and P2V+ owners paid $1,500 additional to add the Lightbridge setup to their rigs, which is included free in the P3A and Phantom 3 Professional!:cool: The specs say 1.2 miles, but 2.7 miles can be achieved under optimal circumstances with clear LOS! You'll always want to go farther than you originally planned on!:D

Just get a P3A or P3P with built in Lightbridge and be done with it! Not one person who owns a P3A or P3P wishes they had the much more limited range of the P2 or P2v+, but a lot of the P2 and P2V+ owners paid $1,500 additional to add the Lightbridge setup to their rigs, which is included free in the P3A and Phantom 3 Professional!:cool: The specs say 1.2 miles, but 2.7 miles can be achieved under optimal circumstances with clear LOS! You'll always want to go farther than you originally planned on!:D

I did not realize this
very good information
so the Phantom 3 Advanced has a much farther range for both control AND video feed?
just to confirm

I did not realize this
very good information
so the Phantom 3 Advanced has a much farther range for both control AND video feed?
just to confirm
Indeed, out of the box, with no mods or upgrades required!:cool:
Plus the P3A camera is rectilinear, and requires no post production correction to perspective to keep your horizons straight, unlike the P2V+. (They may still not be perfectly level, until you set everything up correctly, but they will always be straight!)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20