Whats your Range on your P3P ?

... again Guys, here i get 3700m distance and 150m above my position for the first time with the windsurfer ... amazing !!!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2015-09-06 19.16.51.png
    Screenshot 2015-09-06 19.16.51.png
    365.3 KB · Views: 266
The other night I turned around at 11,900 feet at 399 ft. I left from my house over open space, crossed over high voltage lines, a freeway, and a 300 foot tall hill (I went straight out through a gap in the hill which I'm sure helped with LOS). But at the 12,000 mark I was going to be heading over a lot of homes and didn't feel like it was safe to push it. I use David's 3D printed Windsurfer, other than that it's a stock P3A.

What was interesting was that at the 11,900 foot mark I had full bars on video (channel hack on 32) but my RC was down to two bars. I'd show a screen shot but on the way back, while over a small lake, the IOS app crashed. So the flight log only shows the last 1/2 of the flight. Of all my flights, many of which are 1-1.5 miles out, I've never had the pucker factor. Even when the I lose video, it always RTH's. But when the app crashed and I was over water, I puckered right up!

Reactions: Nizar Ghosn
The other night I turned around at 11,900 feet at 399 ft. I left from my house over open space, crossed over high voltage lines, a freeway, and a 300 foot tall hill (I went straight out through a gap in the hill which I'm sure helped with LOS). But at the 12,000 mark I was going to be heading over a lot of homes and didn't feel like it was safe to push it. I use David's 3D printed Windsurfer, other than that it's a stock P3A.

What was interesting was that at the 11,900 foot mark I had full bars on video (channel hack on 32) but my RC was down to two bars. I'd show a screen shot but on the way back, while over a small lake, the IOS app crashed. So the flight log only shows the last 1/2 of the flight. Of all my flights, many of which are 1-1.5 miles out, I've never had the pucker factor. Even when the I lose video, it always RTH's. But when the app crashed and I was over water, I puckered right up!
great, about the same distance both of us also with the windsurfer, but i didn't notice any signal drop ... fly safe

Reactions: Giuseppe Finizia
... again Guys, here i get 3700m distance and 150m above my position for the first time with the windsurfer ... amazing !!!
Hi Nizar, you are getting very good result with your windsurfer!
It would be nice to have from you some feedback about the vendor of your windsurfer ;-))

Have a nice time.
Giuseppe

I've had mine out 2.25 miles once and then 2.4 miles on another day... same route. I was at 400 feet alt for both trips. It's pretty open area line of sight, but out of sight. I got back with 41% battery on the 2.25 mile trip and 38% on the 2.4 mile... I was going for 2-1/2 miles, but lost rc and fpv so RTH initiated. That's when I discovered I could pan side to side without altering course... neat feature.

Hi Nizar, you are getting very good result with your windsurfer!
It would be nice to have from you some feedback about the vendor of your windsurfer ;-))

Have a nice time.
Giuseppe
i will try yours tomorrow, and i am sure that the crafted and 3d printed windsurfer like the one you sell (mine now) would give a great result, till then, have a great night all of you !!!

I have a remote with the FPVLR advanced antenna mod on it now, along with the original remote with Dave's original windsurfer on it. The amplified remote is for special circumstances................ bad terrain, interference, noisy surroundings, etc. The original with the windsurfer is everyday use, and it never comes off anymore. It fits okay in my backpack without having to remove it every time. Everyone should have it as stock equipment!

Reactions: david wettlaufer
My best fully stock was 16,200' (4.9km) - that was basically to where I lost signal (although it wasn't a great place). I later found a better place with less interference and added a windsurfer passive booster. Then I was able to get 5 bars at under 300' at 21,329' (4.02 miles, 6.47km) - basically battery/weather condition limited rather than signal. It's really amazingly good technology.

This was from today, furthest I've gone - still full rc & video feed bars, just need bigger gonads. Out into a head wind max speed 8/ms (18mph) back was 16/ms (35mph)

On the way out into head
1443264013354-1155175287.jpg
wind you can see the arms/props of the p3 in the video - on the return at twice the speed you can't see them.

Someone please explain:)

Last edited:
Just did my longest highest flight 400ft height 6100ft distance no video or signal loss just ran out of balls!!

Longest I have been out in a high interference area (and I mean high interference lol) is 1.2 miles with an all Aluminium windsurfer, altitude was 160m.

Full signal RC and FPV but bottled out.

Have tried with 3D printed windsurfer on the same spot twice with better weather and did not get that much distant.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers