What's your P4 battery low battery warning level?

Reaction score
Currently, I set it by default at 30%. But I feel I can achieve at lease more 3 mins before landing my P4 safely.

Could you guy share your setting for Low Battery Warning?

15% for the low battery warning. This has no effect on Smart-RTH it's only when the alarm begins sounding. I have critical set to the minimum setting of 10% which is when the bird will auto-land. Wish you could disable this or set to 5%.

Currently, I set it by default at 30%. But I feel I can achieve at lease more 3 mins before landing my P4 safely.

Reactions: Hao Nguyen

23%. I enjoy the unusual. I often continue flying to 15%.

I do 25% and for what I do, its still plenty....

It would be interesting to see what these percentages actually mean. I had a custom-built quad before ap4 and I had 10% for RTH, at the same time I had custom-built remaining flight time estimation similar to what DJI has which was showing remaining time assuming I land with 20% capacity. The things is that at 10% remaining capacity my quad couldn't really keep in the air due to significant voltage drop, so it was descending even at full throttle.

Does anyone know what e.g. 10% in DJI world actually mean? Is it really 10% capacity remaining or it's 10% on top of some minimum capacity like 5%?

Sent from my SM-G925F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Does anyone know what e.g. 10% in DJI world actually mean? Is it really 10% capacity remaining or it's 10% on top of some minimum capacity like 5%?
I've never seen this documented anywhere. I think it's more important to be mindful of the following:
  • The battery percentage is just a calculation (it might not be accurate)
  • No matter how much juice is actually left in your battery, it'll auto land at its current location when it reaches the critically low level
  • You should watch the battery voltage since it'll shut off when the first battery cell reaches 3.0V

Reactions: Dirty Bird

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj