Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

What's your best viewing device?

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by Jeffin916, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Jeffin916

So I am looking for a new device to use with my P2V+. I am currently using my Samsung Note 3. I want a big device, like a 7" or bigger

What do you use and have you had any problems?

2. itchybeard

I use a Samsung Galaxy Note 3. It's the best phone ever and totally rocks! :lol:

It's excellent for use with my P2V+; big enough to have fairly detailed FPV and telemetry, without having to strap a wide-screen TV to my RC controller. I shall continue to use it until I have saved up enough money to purchase a pair of Epson Moverio BT-200s.

3. Angus Macsac

picked up an Acer Iconia B1 tablet (7" screen) and successfully installed and operated the app as per instructions in another post - thx! However I am not impressed with the fact that the camera view only occupies about 75% of the screen and unless the video feed setting is set to 15fps the image freezes regu;arily, lags, stutters and pixelates :-(
    Am going to return the tablet and look for some other way to view a portable screen size bigger than the iPhone 5s's!

4. Squiddley

Hi did you ever get the acer Iconia tablet to work with the phantom? I just picked one up and its terrible, people say they have been using them but mine lags terribly and freezes, its almost unusable, was gonna return it but its past the 14 days and they wont take it back, just wondering what to get thats gonna work good with it, any suggestions?

5. RoyVa

I'm using a Nexus 7 tablet. Works fine however the downside is there is no slot for an SD card. If you want it for FPV that's what it will do. The key to FPV is high resolution. The Asus Nexus 7 has a resolution of 1920 x 1200, has a quad core 1.5 ghz processor so there is no lag is the video with the 2 gigs of onboard ram. It's a Google Android tablet.

6. Ideager

I use a 10" HP 10 Plus, no lag or freezing. The app doesn't scale up well, the text stays the same size. Its a bit too heavy to put on the rc and I put it on a tripod. It is certainly much easier to see what the quad sees with this compared to my note 2.

7. GSSP

Galaxy Tab S 8.4 AT&T LTE
    assume device with 8 core processor, no lag

8. Fplvert

Hi, Jeff,
    IPad mini works for me. Hoodie shade and supershieldz matte screen protector.

If all else fails I plug in the Cinimizers. image.jpg

9. Julius717

Galaxy Tabb 8.1 with a hood and a antiglare screen protector works like a champ LTE also

10. Prowler

Galaxy tab 3 ..7" screen works good and is cheap but Not a real bright screen. Or for an 8" screen a Nvidia Shield, bright screen, no lag.

11. IflyinWY

My bi-focals on my girlfriend.