What's wrong with my Phantom?

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just wondering if you could help me figure out what is wrong with my Phantom. It flies normal for about 10 seconds and then flips towards the right side onto the grass. Also, one of the motors makes a beeping noise and i'm not sure if it's the ESC or motor. It does not matter if i'm in GPS or attitude mode... the result is always the same.

Thanks!

MikeyMinimo said:
Hey guys,

Just wondering if you could help me figure out what is wrong with my Phantom. It flies normal for about 10 seconds and then flips towards the right side onto the grass. Also, one of the motors makes a beeping noise and i'm not sure if it's the ESC or motor. It does not matter if i'm in GPS or attitude mode... the result is always the same.

Thanks!

a motor makes a beep?

sounds like something is definitely wrong.
are the lights all on?
I'd send it back to a DJI dealer to be honest, something is not right.

Audaciter said:
Most likely a bad esc. You just get a new one with the correct color led lights. If it's on the rear, green esc, front is red.

You will have to do some soldering though.
+1 it could be a loose capacitor, but motors don't beep.

Sounds like a bad esc.

FYI, the motors do beep... That's what makes the beeping noise when you plug the battery in. The same as the alarm in your wristwatch is just a metal spring.

MikeyMinimo said:
Hey guys,

Thanks!

If this is the same Phantom you posted about a few days ago that you crashed so badly?

You wanted to see what manual mode did, flipped the switch, and the phantom also flipped - upside down and into the earth at high speed. You were hoping you could get it replaced under the warranty...

Oh, now that's another story!
"What did you do to void your warranty?" :eek:

Are you sure it isn't more of a screeching sound ?

It could be you bent the motor shaft, or got something inside that damaged the windings on the motor.

If a winding is broken, or loose, centrifugal force will
move the winding out where it can get caught between the winding plates, and the bell housing.

Or you could have a bad bearing.

To check, remove the battery, then spin the props by
hand, and listen for the motor that sounds rough.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic