What's wrong with my live feed exposure?

Reaction score
This issue happens on my iPhone 6, iPhone 6s Plus and iPad Air 2 and with 3 different cables including the one that shipped with my new 6s Plus.

You can see on the 3rd shot (screen shots from DJI Go app) that the feed looks fine. this only happens every now and then and usually when I'm adjusting some exposure settings and it lasts for a fraction of a second before returning to looking like the 1st pic.

Toggling the Over Exposure Warning on and off has NO effect. Very briefly after upgrading to latest firmware a few weeks ago, the OEW actually worked. When i set it on I could see Zebra Stripes and when I toggled it off they went away. But within like 30 seconds that stopped happening and it went to the nasty image you see below.

I've put in an email to DJI Support. I have too many jobs to fly to send my Phantom 3 Pro in for service right now. The photos and video recorded to the SD Card look find and do not exhibit this effect.

HELP!!!

IMG_0105.PNG IMG_0106.PNG IMG_0107.PNG

Well I'm not running any apple ware so I can't really help with any real authority, but since no one has answered I'll suggest.....

There are lots of reports on forum of the new Os causing problems in every device.

My daughter has had loss of many features on her iphone5 since forced update last week.

Problem with iOS 2.3.0 app? | DJI Phantom Forum

It's possible it is related to the issue. Search and many more come up.

Cheers.

Thanks for helping. This has been happening for quite a while. Pre iOS 9.x
I just haven't flown a lot lately so it took me a while to get a screen shot.
I opened a support ticket with DJI and what a joke that was.Here's the context of the first ticket that I opened and they closed without a resolution:

/****************************************************************/
Home Tickets list
This ticket has been Closed since 2 hours 36 minutes Reply
#211007 Problem with over exposed areas

L
Logan
reported 3 days ago
My Phantom 3 Pro is having an issue with the live feed displayed on my iOS devices in DJI GO app. This includes my iPhone 6, iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6s Plus.
I've attached some samples to show you what's up.
Toggling the Over Exposure Warning has NO effect on the live feed.
However, the actual pictures and videos recorded to the SD Card are NOT affected by this issue.
For a VERY brief moment, after updating to the latest firmware a few weeks ago, my iPad Air 2 actually showed the ZEBRA STRIPES and when i toggled the Over Exposure Warning they would go ON and then OFF and then back ON as they should have. But within about 1 minute, my live feed went back to the weird images that I'm attaching.
Sometimes when switching between auto and manual modes for controlling the exposure, the live feed image will look good without the weirdness but it only lasts for a fraction of a second.
I've attached screen shots from the DJI Go app. You can see in 1 of the pics that the view is clean and looks good but that only happens for a split second and then it goes back to looking like the other 2 photos. I've also tried multiple lightning cables including the one that shipped with my new iPhone 6s Plus.
The Phantom flies, videos and takes pics just as it should. The only issue I'm having is with this weird exposure stuff.
HELP!!!!!
Do I need a new camera module?
Phantom 3 was purchased from DJI directly.
Thanks for you help :)
-Logan

Mark
said 2 days ago

Dear Logan,
Thank you for contacting DJI. Is it possible that this is a display issue rather than a camera issue? As you have suggested that the actual photos taken are not having this issue. Do you have a UV filter on the camera lens? If not, consider purchasing one here: Buy Phantom 3 Spare Parts | DJI Store
Please reset the camera settings through the Go App. If need be, try going to a lower camera setting.
Finally, please update the firmware and provide an IMU calibration. Let us know if this helps with your issue.

Logan
said 2 days ago
The Ticket has not been resolved and the technician merely suggested that I buy a filter. This is not an acceptable resolution to my problem.
I have reset the camera multiple times via the DJI Go App. I have reinstalled the latest firmware. I've tried it with the included glass filter, a polarizing filter, an ND4 and an ND8 filter and with no covering at all on the camera. None of these have any effect on the issue.
Please advise on how to fix this or replace this.
thanks,
Logan

On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 11:55 AM, DJI
/***************************************************************************/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers