Whats this cable called?

Reaction score
It's for the pitch control for my phantom. It's way too short to reach my gimbal. I need to buy a longer one

Attachments

• 20140519_155110.jpg
    20140519_155110.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 339
A servo extension cable.

99% sure they are all standardized now when asking for a SERVO Extension.

There used to be proprietary types but the industry has since given that up.

A couple of minor caveats I've run into:

1. Some places, if you get an extension, it'll be one male end, one female end (a "true" extension). Most places are good about having accurate pictures, so if they sell both, make sure you're getting what you really need.

2. Some places refer to servo genders "correctly," while most RC and hobby shops go with a backwards convention. In the RC world, what you pictured is often referred to as male-male, because the entire housing plugs into a sheathed connector protecting the pins (like the NAZA). In the rest of the world, it's a female-female, because they're actually referring to the gender of the terminals inside the housing. Again, just need to be careful when ordering.

Or, you can get a bunch of every variant, and never have to worry about it again :)

one thing that really annoys the crap out of me about this hobby is the fact that hobby stores no longer exist! At least, not in my area (brooklyn, ny)
Even radio shack, which sucked to begin with, doesnt carry these things.
Having to order every little thing online is a killer. $2 part + $4 shipping. Arrg!

20yrs ago, there used to be hobby shops that had everything! RC cars, planes, trains, like an adult toys r us. Sadly they are all gone now :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers