Whats the recommended temperature to operate the P4 with

MHD

Reaction score
Hello guys,

Hope you all doing will,

Well, I live in a place that could reach 45'c (113 F) in the summer, but let say the average temp is 40'c

I have noticed one time that the battery temp reach about 48'c (118 F) and thats made me worried,

Just wondering whats the recommended temp to operate the phantom 4 with ( although From DJI website They mentioned that the maximum temp to operate the P4 is 40'c but I don't no if they mean the whether temp or the battery temp

7e65f938ca8fa4e39d498bcafe4cab2f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

IIRC it's: 14 to 122f or -10 to 50c

40C is the ambient temperature experienced by the Aircraft during its flights. At this ambient temperature, aircraft can draw full designed current while flying in air. This is not battery internal temperature displayed on DJI Go app which can go much higher.

Ambient temperature
I too fly in Greece were in summer the temperature is over 42c
All though the props produce air cooling you must avoid fly at midday and try not hovering to much .
Air flow movement will cool of the battery but personally I will fly morning and afternoon in summer time.

Ambient temperature
I too fly in Greece were in summer the temperature is over 42c
All though the props produce air cooling you must avoid fly at midday and try not hovering to much .
Air flow movement will cool of the battery but personally I will fly morning and afternoon in summer time.
I do avoid flying in midday,

Thanks for the replay guys

I did a test flight a week ago in Phoenix, Arizona, and I noticed my P3P battery reached 145.4 deg F. That's 63 deg Centigrade. I was flying a Litchi way-point mission at 22. miles per hour. Prior to that flight, my maximum battery temp was 138 deg F. That was battery number 5, and it performed normally.
Joe
KC7GHT

I did a test flight a week ago in Phoenix, Arizona, and I noticed my P3P battery reached 145.4 deg F. That's 63 deg Centigrade. I was flying a Litchi way-point mission at 22. miles per hour. Prior to that flight, my maximum battery temp was 138 deg F. That was battery number 5, and it performed normally.
Joe
KC7GHT

Yeah, but it could harm the battery in the future,

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1