What's the most basic, simple 4K video editor

Reaction score
I'm looking for super basic 4K editor.
I love Microsoft's Movie Maker, but it doesn't do 4K.

All I'm doing with my P3Pro videos is simple cut/trim and add music clip.
That's all.
No color correction, no title/credits, no special editing. I might add a transition if/when I cut/trim video in the middle.

Free is best as I only fly once a quarter and only needed to trim/edit 3 or 4 videos since I got my P3P almost a year ago.

Try using Youtubes video editor, if your posting there. Not sure if you can download after editing though.

If you have an iOS device, iMovie is relatively easy to use and cheap from the App Store, only $5.00. Let me know if you need anything else

Try using Youtubes video editor, if your posting there. Not sure if you can download after editing though.
Thanks but that won't work.
I can't upload raw 3-6Gig files; it would take too long.
I need something that will live on my Windows7 machine.

Check into Adobe Premiere Elements. Mine came with laptop so I think it was free. If not I believe they have free editions, trial editions and of course purchase options.

Mine is Elements 9, an older one as I believe the current one is 14.

The last 2 computers I bought came with Power Director installed. Its a pretty good program but I dont know about its capatibility with 4K as I am using 1080.

I'm looking for super basic 4K editor.
I love Microsoft's Movie Maker, but it doesn't do 4K.

All I'm doing with my P3Pro videos is simple cut/trim and add music clip.
That's all.
No color correction, no title/credits, no special editing. I might add a transition if/when I cut/trim video in the middle.

Free is best as I only fly once a quarter and only needed to trim/edit 3 or 4 videos since I got my P3P almost a year ago.
What about free Davinci Resolve?

I use Wondershare Filmora and I love it. The best part is how easy it is to learn and use. I struggled with all the other products but Filmora was simple. You can try it free but it's $30 a year to remove its watermark or $50 for lifetime. Worth it though.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

If you are using iMovie, it depends which version you have that will work with 4K clips. Of course there is iMovie 4K but there are prerequisites. You have to have 2011 or later iOS machine with fast processing and video card that can handle 4K. Otherwise, editing with and older iMovie version with an older machine will result to challenges editing in timeline. Case in point, I have a 7 year old iMac using iMovie 9 to edit 4K clips. Editing is sometimes a challenge but doable. The best I can export is to 1080p. It takes a couple of hours to render a 3 minute movie. Even then, IMO iMovie 9 doesn't do a good job converting 4K clips to 1080p. Quality looks compressed.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

If you are using iMovie, it depends which version you have that will work with 4K clips. Of course there is iMovie 4K but there are prerequisites. You have to have 2011 or later iOS machine with fast processing and video card that can handle 4K. Otherwise, editing with and older iMovie version with an older machine will result to challenges editing in timeline. Case in point, I have a 7 year old iMac using iMovie 9 to edit 4K clips. Editing is sometimes a challenge but doable. The best I can export is to 1080p. It takes a couple of hours to render a 3 minute movie. Even then, IMO iMovie 9 doesn't do a good job converting 4K clips to 1080p. Quality looks compressed.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Sorry, should have specified my hatred for Apple. Don't own a single iAnything device, never had.
This flyer is all Windows PCs and Android for phones, tablets, etc.

Reactions: rustymoose

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers