What's the first accessory would you recommend a person add.

Reaction score
What would you suggest a person getting a new Phantom 1 or Phantom 2 add?
Props guards are something I added to my phantom 1 and 2 before the first flights.
What would you pick and why?

Re: What's the first accessory would you recommend a person

If you've got prop guards, I think you're all set as your "first accessory".

Second accessories would be spare batteries, propellers, a case, and an FPV system.

An extended warranty for your gopro camera when you purchase it. You'll be replacing it after a few hard landings!

Roadkilt said:
An extended warranty for your gopro camera when you purchase it. You'll be replacing it after a few hard landings!

LOL...

FPV and IOSD mini. FPV to see what camera sees and IOSD mini to see conditions - speed, battery data, distance. Re: prop guards - personally I'd avoid them - they'll make Phantom fly like a kite in light winds and alot of folks say they're a "training bra"

Bugsbunnyheli said:
What would you suggest a person getting a new Phantom 1 or Phantom 2 add?
Props guards are something I added to my phantom 1 and 2 before the first flights.
What would you pick and why?

GPS TRACKER just incase you encounter a FLYAWAY or Pilot Error Flight =) I recently experienced one so I bought a 3$0 gps unit that I will attach to the phantom just incase it happens again.

I might be biased but a Universal Camera Mount

Why settle for undampened GoPro footage? Why not try flying with your shiny, large sensor compact camera?

After all, the primary point of these quadrotors is to lift up a camera ... why get spare batteries before a camera mount?

That was hard for me to stomach doing. Get a pair of spare batteries, maybe even some prop guards. Learn to fly as vigorously as possible, when the opportunities arrive before you consider anything else.

Spare battery or two has to be first purchase I reckon.

Prop guards are a waste of time - extra weight for very little benefit unless you're looking at doing some flying in tight spaces.

FPV setup was the first thing I got, with an IOSD mini. Don't regret it :)

I think Prop Guards are kinda cool. :D It has saved my blades more then once, just on landing, slowly, in grass or just on a slightly uneven surface.

1.Spare Batteries
2. FPV
3. iOSD
4. Phantom Case
5. Ground Station

Jimmy

I have to admit I am a Big Fan of Prop Guards. They are something that have worked for me.
I recommend them to new flyers but in the end it's their choice to use or not use them.

I'm amazed nobody else mentioned this...

http://www.amazon.com/Phantom-Quadcopte ... ntom+Light

This has been my favorite mod (and I have the ZenMuse, FlyTrex for telemetry, a timed beeper so I can 'echo-locate' the thing if I lose it, etc.

But having this CRAZY bright headlight on the quad has been a Godsend. I can easily tell, even when FAR away, when the quad is facing me and ready to come home. Yes you can certainly use Home Lock, and I do, but I really appreciate a $7 mod that allows you to more effectively fly your craft. Mine is soldered to the main board, with a switch inline so that I can disable when needed. Draws hardly any power at all (totally unnoticeable) and is too bright to look directly into.

totally agree about the headlight. easiest and most useful hack ever. next, $5 kitchen timer to time your flights. Set it to alarm at 4 or 5 minutes. It'll save your ***.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj