What's the farthest anyone's been with a P2V?

I'm in the process of building one to chase your record Unknown![emoji41]

What are the antennas needed to get further fpv range? I am getting on cloudy days better feeds from 1200' than close to me.

I haven't ever had trouble with the transmitter yet with distance but I'd probably like to know exactly what is needed to to maintain full control.

Would fpvlr fix the lag in feed ? I get continuous video on occasion but rarely while using video high resolution shooting.

Distance control so far hasn't been an issue just the camera feedback.

Last edited:
Any improvement you make has the potential to solve your lag problem. I'm assuming you have a stock setup. The first thing you should do is replace your RE 500 with an RE 700. You can get 'em used on eBay for around $50. You should order one today. You will instantly see a noticeable improvement in your FPV video.

I already use a re700.

I have i a re500 but really only use it as a downlink.

The re700 cuts out around 1100' straight across a field I usually fly in. I have tried all heights also get a feed but it kept failing.

That's why I posted I see the antennas are for the vision + and wasn't sure on installing them.

If you have a full setup guide or more recommendations I'd appreciate it.I have alot of property and hate being confined to a small space. But don't want to loose the vision either.

Okay, good. If all you're interested in is a better FPV signal, I'd imagine you'd want to go the FPVLR route. You can mod the RE700 and bring the antennas outside of the box which will improve your FPV signal. It's a pretty straight forward mod. Go to FPVLR.com.

Couple that with a cheap windsurfer on the control side and you might be very happy.

OTOH, if you want to go crazy for distance, you will want to mod the bird-side too. Or maybe the control signal on the pilot side. Or maybe both. If so, you would be wise to read and research what you think would be best for you before you buy anything. You might prefer ITELITE. Here is the best forum to read about both systems:

Antenna Mods

Good luck!

This one works good if you're just trying to Double range not go for 5 miles
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1457111533.090579.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic