whats the best video camera setting for P2v+

Reaction score
I check search function and nothing came up.
Before every flight I'm always re-setting the camera to see what setting is the best. I like 1080 30fps but the video really looks grainy especially on YouTube. Any suggestions? Would be great....

I'm in pal land so to match my other camera I only shoot 25 fps though i have tried all. I find there can be to much detail which is not so bad but noticeable on the pc or after conversion for YouTube etc but is terrible when burnt to Blu-ray. I have to soften the picture in edit.
I've found auto everything works fine and use the standard setting, hard is way hard and soft is like Vaseline on your lens.

You can try the 720p 60fps, some say it is much better and it is smoother in rapid movement or turns.
I find the 1080p 30fps is best in most situations.
Youtube seems to work around the 30fps setting, or rather it won't run at more than that no matter what.
If using the 25fps settings for US TV that should work fine too.

I usually set the exposure to -0.3. In typical bright flying conditions lock the ISO on 100 rather than auto, or it can change during the flight giving inconsistent exposure..
Similarly the white balance left on auto will sometimes change when you'd rather it didn't - usually best set on 'sunny' but 'cloudy' might give a warmer look.

I wouldn't describe the video as 'grainy' but there is rather too much sharpening or unsharp mask applied.
If you have software which can sharpen in an adjustable way afterwards, you could try the soft setting for that too; only it is very soft indeed. I found the default middle setting was best as a rule, but sometimes apply a very slight blur afterwards which just smooths those harsh edges a bit.

Depends what you are shooting. If you need the speed you will probably drop to the 720-60. But if you don't have a lot of action the 1080 settings are going to work better in most cases.

I'm just gonna have to purchase some good editing software. This is yesterday's flight. When I upload to to my IPad, video looks much better but when I export to youtube...it's...well... :?: settings on this video: 1080 30fps wide, Sunny.... Believe rest is standard settin...
Wonder if an update to future firmware would ever include better camera/vid setiings?

Anyway take a look
http://youtu.be/VQKZ6xV7OLg
[youtube]http://youtu.be/VQKZ6xV7OLg[/youtube] can never do this right....

I noticed your YouTube video was only max 240p. What was your process from camera to YouTube?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31