What's the best version firmware to be on?

Re: What's the best version firmware to be on?

I didn't confirm, but I would assume it would also apply to phantom mode as that is a even more restricted mode.

Okay, unhappy with even the prospect, I've managed to downgrade my unit to 1.08

I think i'll stick with this one or 2.0 for now, see how it goes and run from there.

For anyone playing at home, I'm sure it's been covered, but i'll outline my process for anyone looking to get back to some good speed. I'm also running on a mac, which made it harder to use the 1.08 SW, but was lucky enough to have a desktop PC in the house.

- Downloaded all windows content, drivers from DJI.com and software from www.droneslinger.com (as pointed to by other threads outlining the backdating process for other firmwares)
- Installed the drivers for the Phantom, power cycle.
- Installed phantom 1.08 software. Upgrade notice appeared for 3.04 (which was already on it). Accept it. It makes no difference.
- Click Upgrade tab, you see your MC info (FW 3.04) hit upgrade. It will ask you if you want to 'upgrade' to 1.08. If you're happy as I was to do so, go ahead.
- Power cycle.

Voila.

Plugged in to mac now with no problems.

Like I said - I realise this has been covered elsewhere, I'm not claiming that I figured this out myself, I had read about the problems people had removing 3.04 and went about trying to get rid of it myself.

The primary reason I have done it is to avoid the speed restrictions. I can't afford not to have a fast moving unit with what I plan to be shooting a lot of.

Finally back on 1.08! Thanks for your help grahamgee! Hope that the troublesome wind disappears soon so I can test it in the air! :D

grahamgee said:
What are the actual speed restrictions? in mph?
Don't know what you lot getting with the old software but i get 10-13m/s 22-29mph (and 6m/s up and 2m/s down) depending on wind speeds and stuff

How does one go from 1.08 to 2.0? I have the 2.0 assitant but it does show the 2.0 upgrade.

GorData said:
How does one go from 1.08 to 2.0? I have the 2.0 assitant but it does show the 2.0 upgrade.

I did this 2 months back, after v3 was out. You just have to launch the v2 assist and it detects an upgrade.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj