What's the best tablet for a Phantom 3?

Nvidia Shield is a great option.
Also allow more customization on choosing version to install, uninstall, rom`s, etc,etc...
As a bonus (for me) it allows more freedom to refuse DJI control your future flights....

Nvidia Shield is a great option.
Also allow more customization on choosing version to install, uninstall, rom`s, etc,etc...
As a bonus (for me) it allows more freedom to refuse DJI control your future flights....
Please elaborate! Mine arrives soon.

You can choose the version of the app you want ( just get the version and apk and just install).

Also, as far i know but not sure, only mac users have warnings about NFZ........

Congratulations!

I have a cheapo asus memo pad that works great and it was priced pretty good at just about $100 on amazon.

Tho there is one I cant say say away from cause they are real pieces of crap.
is Verizon ellipsis 8.. My girl friend came home with one the other night that Verizon pushed on her for free and even gave her $50 and cut her monthly bill just to get her to take there garbage tablet. Now I see why they have to pay people to take these.. She figured if any thing I Could use it for my p3 and the guy at the store even claimed he had one for his p3. The pilot app installed and ran ok the first night then the day before yesterday the tablet had an update for the operation system and put android 5 point some thing on it. and then the go app got removed automatically and will not let me install it for any thing. Now it just keeps saying its not compatible with the devise. I tried side loading it and that did not even work and even older versions of the go ap and still its a no go on this tablet now that It got the op system updated. and there dont seem to be any way to roll it back now either. Even a factory reset and it came back with the new broken op system that makes it basically a nice fancy brick if it cant be used with the go app. Even for free and even getting paid a few bucks to take it off there hands I still feel like we got ripped off. lol.

Hallo everybody, I'm new to the forum so... greetings to all of you from Italy!
I am about to get my P3 Pro, I have an iPhone 6s (so it will be fine) and an iPad 3rd generation (yes, more or less 4 yrs old...). Will this iPad work? Can both be used as device (one at the time of course), or once you activate the P3 on either it's locked to it? The idea is to swap them depending on purpose of each flight: flying just for fun might be better with the iPhone (lighter RC in your hands), while photo and movies will be better framed on the iPad thanks to the bigger screen.
Thanks a lot for your help.

Hello Niky and welcome! I can't answer any questions about your two devices (although I think any 4 year old tablet is suspect), but I can tell you the Phantom is not locked to any particular tablet/phone. Use whatever works, the quad doesn't care. Like you say, having options is a good thing!

I have the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (Verizon Model) It is a beast! No lag with its Octo-core processor and one of the best resolution tabs out there. If you go Android that is my pick.

Reactions: Albert D
Gotta galaxy tab 4. Works great, but gotta get the adapter for the holder on remote. To big

I had a Tab 4 and it couldn't keep up. It was okay for a short flight or maybe the first battery. After much past that, it would start to overheat and freeze. Tab 4 just wasn't powerful enough for the job. Tab S2 has been great and the 9.7 model fits the holder without any modification.

iPad mini 4 has the brightest and most beautiful screen I have ever seen. I haven't even had to use a sun shade yet.

Hi ,i just bought phantom 3 professional ,and i have problem with choppy picture - latency on galaxy tab 3. Is it enough for phantom or should i buy something stronger and what ?
Thanks
You could probably adjust the settings to optimize it but if you have the money I would suggest the iPad mini 4, it is the brightest and most beautiful screen I have ever seen and the FPV video is smooth as silk.

iPad mini 4. The best. I bought one just for flying my drone. And I didn't clog it up with other apps. It's purely for DJI Go app and pictures/videos

I have used the Nexus 9 tablet, iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 4, and Nexus 5x (phone). They all work for the most part but some quick thoughts:

Nexus 9: screen is too big (hard to fit into the hardshell backpack), app is solid, everything works well. ($399 msrp, $325 street).

iPad Air 2: screen is too big (hard to fit into the hardshell backpack), app is solid, everything works well. ($499 msrp, $399 street)

iPad Mini 4: screen is perfect (fits perfectly in the hardshell backpack), app is solid, everything works well. ($399 msrp, $350 street)

Nexus 5x: screen is too small, app has issues (sometimes I get no video signal - usually unplugging and plugging back in the cable or killing and restarting the app fixes it). ($299 msrp, $299 street).

I actually like the Nexus 9 the best but I'm more of an android guy I guess. The ecosystem has lot of free apps to record the screen, connect your tablet to your computer and browse through the file system to download cached videos, etc. The app is solid without any crashes, etc.

iPad Air 2 is fine but is a little too big and heavy. It feels unstable and seems like the tablet is going to fall off. You need to open up the tablet holder to the maximum size to get it to fix. Similar to the Nexus 9, it doesn't fit in the slot in the hardshell backpack for your tablet so you need to store it behind the top foam layer.

iPad Mini 4 is the perfect size because you can easily read everything and it fits perfectly into the little slot in the hardshell backpack.

Nexus 5x is a nice phone but not a great device to use with the Phantom 3. It's too small and the app is too buggy. Many times I get a good connection (I can fly the plane) but no video. It also uses a usb c connection on the phone so you need to buy a usb cable (the one that this phone comes with won't work).

Reactions: Fly Girl
The one I bought was from TACO-RC and it was about $20 from China and took a month to get here - at the time it was the only one I could find. Here is the same one shipping from US for about $26:
eBay
Or $12.50 from China:
eBay
I searched 'Phantom 3 bracket' and found numerous listings, of which most of the aluminum ones should work great. I saw one place in China even had different colors. Some said alloy but I saw some that said Iron and I would avoid anything that could be magnetic.

I have a i ipad mini 2 Retina wifi only with a separate Dual XCPS150 which works fine but the external gps is a lot of added effort to use. Have an Android driven Samsung Tab 4 but would like a Nvidia Shield K1 because of its ability to use hdmi out to my Headplay googles instead of the limited retro display via the hdmi adapter. Been waiting on Nvidia to release the X1 version of the Shield but getting tired of waiting. Any other Android options out there with hdmi out and similar features to the Nvidia Shield?

I actually think that the general consensus around "What is the best tablet for a Phantom 3" depends...

if money is no object - iPad Mini 4
if you want the best bang for your buck - Nvidia Shield K1
if a big screen is important for you (and money is no object) - iPad Air 2

I also like that the K1 has an hdmi out port and a micro sd slot. You can use HDMI FPV goggles without paying another $99 for the hdmi module if you have the Shield K1.

Best tablet is subjective based on your Android or IOS leanings. I hate Apple (but my wife an daughter love it), so I was only interested in Android solutions. If you are an apple fan, ignore the Android posts; if you are an Android fan, you should probably ignore the IOS posts.

With my P3P I have used Samsung Note 3, Tab 4, Note 5 and (my favorite is) Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 32GB LTE. Tab 4 was just not strong enough to handle long or multiple missions without overheating, freezing and/or lag. The Note (both) were good but the screen is small (those are almost 6" but a 10" screen will spoil you). Note 3 had minor lag occasionally but none with the Note 5. The Tab S2 fits the holder great, bright screen and the octa-core processor can handle plenty. That octa-core spec was the final deciding factor for my purchase decision and I have been happy with the S2 since the day I brought it home.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl