Whats the best P2V+ Case?

Reaction score
Have been searching online but have not found any that are specifically ready for the P2V+.
Willing to spend some money on a good case, not wanting to buy anything that feels cheap.

Ideal case would be durable enough to check for an airplane, although, one that is small enough for a caryone would be good too.

Thoughts?

I got the Vision 2+ specific case from Tradecraft and it's excellent. I definitely think it's durable enough to check it (though you'd be crazy to do so). The specs are exactly in line with JetBlue's carry on size limits. A bit bigger than some of the commuter airlines allow, most likely, but I think you could at least get away with a gate check.

http://www.tradecraftcases.com/shop/tou ... ying-case/

I've purchased several cases because I've purchased several P2V's and P2V+ for friends. They all have pros and cons.

Tradecraft specific P2V+ (new foam insert)
HPRC 2700WPHA2 Hard Case for DJI Phantom 2
The GPC Vision Backpack- Limited Edition (gopro case)

HPRC is a monster. Not P2v+ specific, but still perfect. Heaviest case. Best protection. Probably more than ever necessary. Bird fits perfectly and is very protected. More storage than other cases, but less specific storage cutouts for batteries. Very high quality. Do not think that it will fit in any overhead compartments.

GPC Backpack is the lightest, smallest and most convenient. Plenty of storage. Least protection because top is soft. Should fit in overhead bins. Easy to carry and very practical. Very good quality backpack. Not suitable to travel as checked luggage. I think it's a good second case when traveling locally.

Tradecraft is my favorite. Best balance of convenience and protection. Fits in Jet Blue overhead storage. Protection is more than adequate. My case fell out of a moving truck with no damage to bird. Case was scuffed up. Don't feel comfortable storing with props long term. Much narrower and lighter than HPRC. Lesser quality than HRPC, but still excellent. Less accessory storage than HRPC and GPC.

The other popular case which I never purchased is the gopro hard case equivalent of the backpack. The insert is similar and is also lighter than the HPRC.

If I was limited to one case, it would be the tradecraft.

Hey,

I bought the Tradecraft Phantom 2+ case and it did everything most folks want from a compact carry case for the UAV.
I was only unhappy that it did not fit the Phantom with the prop guards on. So I bought a Pelican 1640 (around 259.00 us)
I fits everything and has rollers and two carry handles, but it also weighs near 40lbs empty and over 50lbs with the Phantom inside. This case is only for serious travelling, as it is bulky and optimally needs two persons to move it.
If your looking for a simple pre-designed case then the Tradecraft case at around 209.00us is just the ticket, but you will have to fly without the guards or be taking them on and off each time you put the bird away. Here are some pics for comparison.
Pelican 1640 is roughly 27.5" x 27.5" x 16" and the Tradecraft case is 24.5" x 16" x 10" roughly.

check out my other RC's and videos on Youtube "Controll21's channel"

Attachments

• IMG_2399_2.jpg
    IMG_2399_2.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 677
  • IMG_2398_2.jpg
    IMG_2398_2.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 724
  • IMG_2394_2.jpg
    IMG_2394_2.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 652
Thanks all. Think I'm going with the Tradecraft. Appreciate the responses.

Also, had my first flight earlier today. I'm officially addicted.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXVGY49pgTg[/youtube]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31