What's the best inexpensive quad just for fun

Got the Ominus today. I like it. Good mid sized quad but I wouldn't recommend indoors unless you have plenty of space. This thing is fast. Very responsive. It is light so It does get taken away by gusts but the motors are strong enough to regain control easily. All you need to do is goose it and it will get back to where you want it. Thanks for the info. I checked the tracking number to the Vision I sent back and it wont be there till Wednesday. They did say they would get one in the mail to me the day they receive it so it looks like I will be waiting a little longer which is disappointing.
I also bought the new Syma X11 Hornet. It is Symas answer to the Hubsan X4 and is getting good reviews. Let you know how that turns out.

After owning and trying all of these I cannot stress how much I would recommend the Hubsan X4 to ANYONE at any level of this hobby. This very well be one of the best made products of any kind out there for the price. I was hesitant to buy at first because of its size. I own several others withing similar price range that are bigger and while they fly nice on a calm day if even the smallest gust comes by it can throw you way off course. I didnt think there was any way this little thing could be anymore than an indoor toy. Wrong. It flys better outdoors than any other mentioned on this thread in spite of its size. It is heavy yet powerful and agile enough to fly in moderate wind. Very Very responsive and great for people on every level of the hobby. The thing that impresses me the most is how durable this thing is. I have dropped it from 60 plus feet onto concrete several times and only once did I have to replace even a blade. Popped a new blade on and was back in the air in 10 seconds. I have nailed trash cans, mailboxes, cars, the side of the house, and my dog at full speed and it still flies like it did out of the box. Here is the real kicker. It has been raining for a few days here and I was flying it a little while ago and it was a hundred or so feet away when I got a phone call and as I was answering my cell phone I lost control and landed in a ditch. I saw the splash and knew immedietly i was done. I ran to it expecting to see the LEDs shut down any second and to my surprise they stayed on. When I finally fished it out after it had been completely submerged all LEDs were still on. I was shocked. I said what the hell and hit the throttle. Thing took off and again flew like the day it came out of the box. I quickly shut it down not wanting to press my luck and took it inside. Popped the shell off and let it air dry for a couple of hours and put it back together. Works perfectly.
I was floored.
For around 50 bucks I have gotten my moneys worth for **** sure. Its like I cant destroy the thing. Best thing I have tried under 125 bucks. Really no other reason to buy anything else unless you just want to, besides your Phantom of course. Video quality is very good too.
Just thought I would share.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31