What's the best flying options when sight is blocked ?

N017RW said:
it's not about the altitude- it's the location, location, location!
Right -- location. We have been on the same page for quite some time now :)

The location does not matter if you set the proper RTH altitude before taking off. If you need to reset the location in the air to account for an error in the original RTH altitude, then you didn't set the proper RTH altitude before taking off :D

Thanks. ;)

I would have been surprised to find they had disabled it.

msinger said:
N017RW said:
it's not about the altitude- it's the location, location, location!
Right -- location. We have been on the same page for quite some time now :)

The location does not matter if you set the proper RTH altitude before taking off. If you need to reset the location in the air to account for an error in the original RTH altitude, then you didn't set the proper RTH altitude before taking off :D

It's all moot now with the confirmation that S2 is not disabled.
And no were not on the same page.

Consider this...

I take off from my house and walk over to my friends house on the next block, now I want it to RTH at his house not mine. A different X-Y, Lat. Long., LOCATION!!!!

What does the 'proper RTH altitude' have to do with that example above?

Do you get it now?

N017RW said:
I take off from my house and walk over to my friends house on the next block, now I want it to RTH at his house not mine.
I get it. You are hijacking this thread :)

Peace out buddy! :)

It was fun and I'm sure we'll talk again. :p

So for you more experienced guys out there, are there any mods that allow flight when you don't have a clear line of site?
Meaning, a custom transmitter on some other bandwidth or something like that.

The original poster wants to work in an area with lots of trees. In his particular case, I suggested he go out on a boat where he would have clear line of site, but let's say he doesn't have access to a boat. Setting his example aside, there are lots of instances where folks would want to work in and around trees. Are there higher powered remote controls that can work through trees, etc?

The best option flying in a loction with lots of trees that might interfere with the transmitter connection, is to fly with a flight plan using waypoints in the groud station.

Are all the waypoints in ground station always uploaded to the phantom before takeoff?
I'm guessing it must be in order to know the path even without LOS, but various comments in other threads have me doubting that this is happening.
Can anyone confirm?

@ Foosy:
Unless a more experienced user wants to chime in, what I've found is that you have to be connected to you Phantom to even plot your "mission". The Phantom can be in idle on the ground, but it has to be ON (and connected to your wifi and phone). Only then will the app allow you to plot points on the map. Once you've done that (carefully taking into account the height of the trees), then you can power up the props and take off.

Unfortunately, there seems to be no way to save a mission to re-run later. You also can't turn your Phantom while its doing the mission to focus on a point of interest. You can tilt the camera up and down though.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik