What's the best DJI P4 ND filter for filming?

Reaction score
So I've been having my eyes fixed on the official DJI Phantom ND filters for the Phantom 4, has anybody purchased any from DJI directly? I wanted to know what is the best option when it comes to ND filter, I personally don't want anything too dark but definitely want to reduce sun glare and some lens flickering I get on the camera. So between ND4, ND8, ND16 what is the best option when it comes to filming?

Last edited:
There is no 'best' option...it all depends on the lighting conditions where you're filming. What you're aiming for is a filter that will give you a shutter speed of roughly twice or three times your frame rate, while keeping your ISO as low as possible. So, if you're shooting at 50 fps you want a filter that will give you a shutter speed of around 1/100 - 1/150th. In normal bright conditions, an ND8 is likely to be a good starting point, but you may find you need to use ND16.......only trial and error will help you make your final decision. If you're filming in various lighting conditions, it's probably worth you buying a set of filters, but an ND8 or ND16 will get you started.

Reactions: PROJEFFREY11
There is no 'best' option...it all depends on the lighting conditions where you're filming. What you're aiming for is a filter that will give you a shutter speed of roughly twice or three times your frame rate, while keeping your ISO as low as possible. So, if you're shooting at 50 fps you want a filter that will give you a shutter speed of around 1/100 - 1/150th. In normal bright conditions, an ND8 is likely to be a good starting point, but you may find you need to use ND16.......only trial and error will help you make your final decision. If you're filming in various lighting conditions, it's probably worth you buying a set of filters, but an ND8 or ND16 will get you started.
Thank you for the information.

Check out this thread for a comparison of commonly used filters and advice on which to purchase.

Reactions: PROJEFFREY11
As you can see in that thread, the filters are pretty close when you compare the color/sharpness. So, that just leaves the size, type, weight, your budget, and ND level. I'm not sure which of those matter to you, so you'll need to make a decision based on your needs.

People advocate the TACO filters... same weight as DJI and good quality, even the review in that thread says the case is really well made for them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen