What's the best app to use p3a

is there alternatives for dji go?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Looking for a good app
It's a good idea to start with the DJI app and master that first.
It's a good app and does most everything that most flyers want.
Once you can handle that and know what the Phantom is capable of, look around for others if they do something different that you think you need.

Started using Litchi exclusively and haven't looked back, haven't used Go app since.

What's the advantages of Litchi over the go app??

Started using Litchi exclusively and haven't looked back, haven't used Go app since.
Did Litchi (and other 3rd party apps) get the RTH function on loss of Tx sorted out? I thought that was still an issue so I havent considered moving from DJIGo yet.

What's the advantages of Litchi over the go app??

Ground station in Litchi let's you plan flights with waypoints in advance before you actually get out to where you're flying; you can map a mission out in its entirety from the comfort of your computer and upload it to your tablet when you're done; you can save multiple versions of flights with modifications and modify them on the fly.

Also the Magic Leash feature is pretty cool, in that you can give another device like a phone the pin code and direct the P3 to focus on or follow that.

Did Litchi (and other 3rd party apps) get the RTH function on loss of Tx sorted out? I thought that was still an issue so I havent considered moving from DJIGo yet.

Good question; not sure and personally not hugely concerned about that as I'm not flying out of sight or anywhere close to out of range, and I have a parachute and tracker installed in case it goes down.

at this moment it looks like it depends on if you decide to fly Android or fly iOS....both allow offline mission planning
For Android flyers - Litchi
For iOS flyers - AutoPilot

all of the apps have pro/con so you probably will end up with more than one...
here is a list of some popular ones... (iOS)
Vertical
Airnest
DronePan (great for panorama photos)
DJI GO
Autopilot (no android)
Litchi (limited for iOS)
FPV Camera

For the GS mode, Litchi is not affected by this DJI bug. During a GS mission, loss of communication to the RC will not trigger RTH anyway since the quad will fly the complete mission as defined unless there is a battery related issue.

In Litchi, the Orbit and Follow-me modes ARE affected by this RTH bug.

at least one person is reporting a bug in the newly released " Orbit " function of Litchi... I'm sure they will fix it...

What limits and are they working on updates?
Latest iOS release includes GS and Orbit modes (and FPV of course) and they continue to develop and release updates to both versions with the eventual goal of having parity in features... the iOS development is a slower slog compared to the Android though...

on the litchi website it presently shows the following mission types for ios and android..
FPV- ios/android (don't know of anyone that doesn't offer this)
GS/Waypoints - ios/android
Follow - android only
Orbit -ios/android (bugs reported...new for ios)
VR- android only
Focus - android only
Panorama- android only

Reactions: sonof40

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20