Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

What's supposed to happen when ...

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Harleymhs, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Harleymhs

You loose range on the controller? This morning I went for a flight took the bird out to the beach to about 9800' list light bridge signal then lost controller signal all was black on my iPhone ! Figured it was gone , then I hit the RTH button and kept my fingers crossed after a min I regained signal ! Canceled RTH and flew it back. I thought when signal is lost on controller it automatically comes home?? Maybe it did and I didn't realize it? Any thoughts? Thanks

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

Correct. But, it will not come home if the Lightbridge signal disconnects and the remote controller is still connected. Also, if your Phantom is connected to less than 6 satellites (unlikely), it'll auto land at its current location when the remote controller is disconnected.

snowghost likes this.
  3. Alex_

Make sure you have the correct setting. There are two options, auto-land and return to home. I check mine setting before every long distance flight. Make sure it's set to return to home and that the RTH height is high enough to avoid any obstacles.

jhoke likes this.