Whats Next?

If you started over right now what would you get?

• P4

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • P3P

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • P3A

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I finally sold my P2V+ and I am looking to buy again. I have been eyeing the P3A for the longest time. Mostly due to price and not being fully sold on 4K yet. But now that I am in a position to buy I want to make a good decision and gather as much intel as I can.

The P4 is still an option but I am wondering if the new bells and whistles are worth it. For those of you that dumped your P3 for a P4 are you happy you did or did it not make a difference?

I Like the P4 because it is the future. Things like the new firmware upgrade system, collision avoidance, upgraded design - and I believe that this is where DJI will focus their efforts for the future. My philosophy with technology is always get the best / latest you can afford. Yes the price tag is a jump but in my opinion worth it to future proof your purchase.

My philosophy with technology is always get the best / latest you can afford. Yes the price tag is a jump but in my opinion worth it to future proof your purchase.

That was my thought too when I bought the P2V+ but two months later I was out of date and the re-sell value had plummeted. The thing that hurt the most was the extended range with the lightbridge. It seems as though DJI wont be upgrading that anytime soon and just adding different bells and whistles.

I looked at the P3A and the P4 and to me the P4 just seems a leaner shape and better finished somehow. The gimble mounts seems better, the motors are taller and give more clearance, it is faster, battery life is longer, easier to fix propellors and the collision avoidance system - which has already saved me at least once ! Those things alone - there are probably more - convinced me that I personally made the right choice with the P4

I finally sold my P2V+ and I am looking to buy again. I have been eyeing the P3A for the longest time. Mostly due to price and not being fully sold on 4K yet. But now that I am in a position to buy I want to make a good decision and gather as much intel as I can.
The P4 is still an option but I am wondering if the new bells and whistles are worth it. For those of you that dumped your P3 for a P4 are you happy you did or did it not make a difference?
You've left it a long time to start enjoying all the P3 goodness.
When the P3 launched, it was such a big leap beyond the P2 it was a no-brainer to upgrade.
The P4 is a step forward .. but a much smaller step.
There's still a lot of life left in the P3 platform.
If you aren't excited by the P4's extras, the P3 is a cost effective way to get much of the P4's functionality.

For the price difference between the P3P and the P4, it makes the P3P a great deal. Especially when so many people are dumping their P3P's for cheap. Then being it's around $200 more then the P3A makes the P3P really shine. If You add everything up, you can buy both P3's for about the same price as a P4. I have both, started with a P3A and I use it for technical flights where the chances of crashing are high. But I love everything about the P3P and 4K is where the market's at today. Stunning videos either way.

Sometimes too many options is an issue. When I bought the P2V+ it was really the only option. I have never flip flopped so much in such a short amount of time. When the day started I was leaning toward the P3A but then doing some reading and watching video comparisons I was all about the P4. But now I'm back to the P3A/P. I am very frugal. I can afford the P4 but do I want to spend that kind of money?

Comments like this really make me think.

If You add everything up, you can buy both P3's for about the same price as a P4.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20