What's new with the latest aircraft firmware update on the p4p?

Reaction score
Just found out about the hidden features, so will the new update nerf these, and what's new about the latest release?

Thanks for posting your informative vid.
pleasure is mine bro, thank you for your kind words..
All about new firmware here.

New Firmware released V01.02.0304

Which hidden features?
Hey Tom I don't see robust uses for them but there is a way to get up to ISO 25600 and SS of 30"
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
With latest firmware they removed ISO 25600 but you can just adjust shutter in excess of 8"-30" with the trick

Reactions: Tomas Wangen
I tried this afternoon to get the long shutter speed for photos, wasn't successful in achieving longer than 8 and I was in full manual mode.. don't really need it but I wasn't able to do it after the update

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: AIRSPACE
I tried this afternoon to get the long shutter speed for photos, wasn't successful in achieving longer than 8 and I was in full manual mode.. don't really need it but I wasn't able to do it after the update

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Thanks for letting me know.. Don't suppose I could know which tablet you use?

pleasure is mine bro, thank you for your kind words..

Hey Tom I don't see robust uses for them but there is a way to get up to ISO 25600 and SS of 30"
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
With latest firmware they removed ISO 25600 but you can just adjust shutter in excess of 8"-30" with the trick

Hi, I'm just wondering how practical an 8 second exposure is on a drone? how would one keep it steady enough? Wouldn't the slightest breeze mess the shot up?

Hi, I'm just wondering how practical an 8 second exposure is on a drone? how would one keep it steady enough? Wouldn't the slightest breeze mess the shot up?
In terms of taking sharp, noise free shots every time its not very practical. Its just a tool for creativity. Where I posted it on fb Tory Taglio summarised it well:

"One word, creativity. Long pans or replicating a zoom effect with a long shutter and flying towards an object. Creativity and the ability to use features in unexpected ways is what differentiates the artist from the typical RC enthusiast. Learn to color outside the line with this new tool as it will surely only become a more creative, competitive medium."

If you are far from the subject (i.e. a landscape) and the air is calm you could probably get usable shots, although almost certianly sharpness would be affected to some degree. When I look at stationary video under these conditions the image looks like it was shot from a tower and I can't detect any movement at all so a still should be possible although again, conditions would have to be perfect and you will certainly give up some sharpness.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers