WHATS MISSING THE DJI APP..!!!!

Reaction score
Every one suffering while we are on sky recording the video and we want to took a photo, we have to turn of the video and took the photo, then return back to video option for continuing .
i am woundering why DJI didn't fix the app as we can took a photo while we are still recording video ?!?!?!??
Correct me if i am wrong ?!?!!!

I think it's the same with my 500.00 Cannon camera. I have a choice. Take a photo or shoot video. Should it be any different with the Phantom camera. Would be nice to have both but I'm not suffering.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
Lol

I also thought the capability to snap a photo while recording video was oddly missing. Before my P3, I had a Parrot Bebop, and got quite used to being able to snap a photo while recording and thought it odd that the more advanced P3 did not do this.

I'm pretty sure someone did a tear-down of the P3 and found the camera sensor and chip are the same as GoPro uses (not sure which camera). And if my GoPro's can do it, DJI shold be able to do it. Then again, DJI lets us to AEB shots as well and GoPro doesn't. I believe someone also said that there are other limitations DJI has built in such as the SD card write speeds. I'm not 100% on this, just going by what I read.

Being able to do both the same time would be ideal. I'd even be happy if the video was pause for a second while it took the video and then continued recording video.

Reactions: omarkatwe
I ran into this issue recently. Here's the best I could come up with to quickly get a Pic.

On your RC Transmitter. Top left shoulder press the red "Record" button to toggle the Video to Stop. On the top right shoulder press the Shutter button to capture a Pic. Then toggle the Video button on the top left again to resume.

So much quicker than having to try and fiddle with the DJI app slider / Controls.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1