What's Latest Thoughts on Marco Polo

I in my passed life used to assist in putting trackers on wild animals to observe their movements. These devices have gotten down so the is the size of the button batteries used. A suggestion to DJI as these devices could be installed inside of the drones with rechargeable batteries from the main battery and activated when drone is turned on. As the controllers have two antennas it could easily be programmed the go to the frequency and be used as a directional receiver. To increase sensitivity, the signal enhancers sold third parties could be attached to the antennas. The cost to Dji for the new programming feature and the device itself would cost pennies.. Yes they have a limited about 2-3mi range, but most times we know where the last flight signal came from and can start a search in that area. not perfect but drones are getting up there in price and anything would be a help in recovery.

All too complicated guys. Just buy the Marco Polo. It works anywhere with or without cell or GPS coverage, (with the possible exception of 30ft up a tree lol). After spending 8 hours over two days scouring snake infested bush, searching fruitlessly for an P2 fly away, I will not take off without it.

Reactions: azgeek
Can the gps unit be separated from the attaching mount? Looks like that could significantly reduce the weight with a velcro attachment instead. Specs say 1.2 oz but it looks heavier with the black parts. Very sensitive to added weight as it can reduce fly time.
Yes you can, but remember, the other side( the side you can't see in the photo) is where you charge it. You could easily use a thick rubber band. That is what I did on my Phantom 1 before I noticed the O ring in the package. Cool thing about the whistle is you can have friends or family do live tracking through their email. After all, it was made to track your pet if he took off in the neighborhood.

I just bought a Marco Polo after some research. I think all is good. My only suggestion to the Marco Polo people is to have an easier on/off switch for the receiver that goes on the drone.

Reactions: len750 and azgeek
And Marco Polo has to (should) take off the "dog" icon and put a drone icon in it's software...it would feel better for those of us with a drone and not a dog.

And Marco Polo has to (should) take off the "dog" icon and put a drone icon in it's software...it would feel better for those of us with a drone and not a dog.

That would be nice but Eureka markets the smaller version as an "RC Model Recovery System" for "RC models of all types". Fixed wing RC pilots would want something other than a drone icon. And what kind of drone? Quad? Hex? Tri? ;)

Just think of the dog icon as being a bird dog. :p

I just bought a Marco Polo after some research. I think all is good. My only suggestion to the Marco Polo people is to have an easier on/off switch for the receiver that goes on the drone.

My bud Tim Crabtree of Eureka Technology (Marco Polo USA) is always available and open to suggestions. I've listed his contact information in an earlier post (#42) above if you'd like to contact him with your suggestions. And NO, I don't work for, or have a vested interest in Eureka. I do however use the Marco Polo on my Phantom and have had no issues. I never fly without it. Ever.

Fly Safe [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

My bud Tim Crabtree of Eureka Technology (Marco Polo USA) is always available and open to suggestions. I've listed his contact information in an earlier post (#42) above if you'd like to contact him with your suggestions. And NO, I don't work for, or have a vested interest in Eureka. I do however use the Marco Polo on my Phantom and have had no issues. I never fly without it. Ever.

Fly Safe [emoji106]
Quick question. Is the best way to secure a MP with zip ties or has someone made something Phantom specific?

Thanks

Quick question. Is the best way to secure a MP with zip ties or has someone made something Phantom specific?

Thanks

A company called UAVBits.net markets a saddlebag holder for the tag (transmitter) for the P3. They were developing one for the P4 also, but don't know if it is in production. You may want to contact UAVBits.net and see if it is available yet.

Tim may know of other vendors also, but Velcro and zip ties will work in a pinch.

A company called UAVBits.net markets a saddlebag holder for the tag (transmitter) for the P3. They were developing one for the P4 also, but don't know if it is in production. You may want to contact UAVBits.net and see if it is available yet.

Tim may know of other vendors also, but Velcro and zip ties will work in a pinch.
OK thanks, I shot them an email.

A company called UAVBits.net markets a saddlebag holder for the tag (transmitter) for the P3. They were developing one for the P4 also, but don't know if it is in production.
That's a neat option. Nothing listed on their web site for the P4P. It would be interesting to see what they might come up it for that, having to pay attention to the side infrared sensors.

That's a neat option. Nothing listed on their web site for the P4P. It would be interesting to see what they might come up it for that, having to pay attention to the side infrared sensors.

Yeah, I don't know why they're dragging their feet on the P4 model. My P3 type works great.....even came as a kit with spacers for the other gear legs, slots for the wires to pass thru, and longer screws of the same type. Maybe if you pester them? Squeaky wheel and all that stuff?

Maybe if you pester them? Squeaky wheel and all that stuff?

Not meant to hijack the thread:
Do folks here ever do group buys? I've done that on other forums. I'd also like to get PolarPro to come up with a gimbal lock / lens cover similar to what they have for the P4. When I contacted them they said they didn't have any plans for offering that for the P4P

Not meant to hijack the thread:
Do folks here ever do group buys? I've done that on other forums. I'd also like to get PolarPro to come up with a gimbal lock / lens cover similar to what they have for the P4. When I contacted them they said they didn't have any plans for offering that for the P4P

I guess that would be an option. Not sure if they do any type of distribution sales. Good point tho.

Looks like it's zip ties on the landing legs . Tim got back to me already, very impressed since it's Sunday.

The funny part about this purchase was the "wife sell". I used my well known family safety line. We are about to get a new puppy, we need a tracker for it when we are hiking, oh... and by the way I can get an additional tracker for the drone :) It worked.

Looks like it's zip ties on the landing legs . Tim got back to me already, very impressed since it's Sunday.

The funny part about this purchase was the "wife sell". I used my well known family safety line. We are about to get a new puppy, we need a tracker for it when we are hiking, oh... and by the way I can get an additional tracker for the drone :) It worked.

Yeah, Tim's a great guy........he's always answered my questions or concerns quickly. One thing that impresses me, you can track 3 tags at the same time with the MP. So now you can get TWO puppies.....or another drone. [emoji849]

Also got this email back from uavbits. I have a P4 (yes I know this is a p4p section) not sure if will work on both or a timeline.

Hi Alec,

I'm working on a Saddlebag for the P4 now, and will let you know when it is complete.
Thanks for your interest,

Clif

What is the likelihood of a flyaway? I am new to these, and generally don't take mine very far away. It seems that a fly away would be of minimal concern?

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik