What's best video editing app?

Free ... Movie Maker for Windows ... nice and simple ... or move up to the frame based Movie Maker 2.6 also from Microsoft and free ... part of the Live Series.
You can access online Free Music Archive or use your own mp3 files.

There's NCH Software that offers free suite of software for home use ....

For conversion of videos to import to various ... Freemake Video Converter

I honestly never understand why average 'joe' pays money for editing software when the three above do just about all that's needed.

I've tried so many including such as DaVinci and always ended up back at Movie Maker ...

I accept that it does reduce videos from native 2.7 / 4K but given that I upload to Youtube ... it makes no odds. I still have the original file if I want the ultra high res version.

Nigel

Free ... Movie Maker for Windows ... nice and simple ... or move up to the frame based Movie Maker 2.6 also from Microsoft and free ... part of the Live Series.
You can access online Free Music Archive or use your own mp3 files.

There's NCH Software that offers free suite of software for home use ....

For conversion of videos to import to various ... Freemake Video Converter

I honestly never understand why average 'joe' pays money for editing software when the three above do just about all that's needed.

I've tried so many including such as DaVinci and always ended up back at Movie Maker ...

I accept that it does reduce videos from native 2.7 / 4K but given that I upload to Youtube ... it makes no odds. I still have the original file if I want the ultra high res version.

Nigel
I was hoping for a decent iPad app. I hate moving files to computer. Puts one more step in the process.

I was hoping for a decent iPad app. I hate moving files to computer. Puts one more step in the process.
There's a recent thread around here somewhere discussing iOS editing apps. I'm sure it'll come up if you do a search.

I movie is really good. If you go to the photos and videos category in the App Store they have a bunch of featured apps for editing

Not meaning to be rude ... but if OP had said iPad in opening post - then I wouldn't have wasted time posting a reply.

Why do people not put enough detail in their requests ? We do not have crystal balls ...

Sorry .. not meaning to be rude ... but find it frustrating.

Nigel

Not meaning to be rude ... but if OP had said iPad in opening post - then I wouldn't have wasted time posting a reply.

Why do people not put enough detail in their requests ? We do not have crystal balls ...

Sorry .. not meaning to be rude ... but find it frustrating.

Nigel

He said app in the title

App is short for APPLICATION ... which actually is a word used in all computing formats ... PC .. MAC ... Android and IoS ...

Just because the 'drone' world has decided to rewrite the computing dictionary does not mean App is not applicable to other forms.

Nigel

Everyone knows app is nowadays referred to for a mobile or tablet device
I have to disagree with you there.
Even if that were true in the context you're thinking, Microsoft blurred the lines since Windows 8 by now using "apps" obtained through their app store with its own installer compared to traditional executables and MSI installers.

Everyone knows app is nowadays referred to for a mobile or tablet device

App.jpg

Reactions: sactownjames
I have to disagree with you there.
Even if that were true in the context you're thinking, Microsoft blurred the lines since Windows 8 by now using "apps" obtained through their app store with its own installer compared to traditional executables and MSI installers.

It goes back much further than that to very first days actually of computing ...

It seems today that the 'Drone world' tends to consider itself apart from from everything else forgetting that many other followings created the foundation that it now uses to design and control such machines. it is also true of the tablet / smartphone world .... hijacking words and giving new meanings.

My later comment was a simple and I believe fair question ... why don't people put detail in so others know exactly what items person are using.

We see people ask about various and after a number of people reply - we find out that person has something different and often not even related to the section he's posted in.

A simple change of wording to : What video editing app for Ipad is there that allows own music to be added ?

Simple precise .. we know what unit and what he wants to do.

Nigel

Reactions: Lo-Rider
No, iPads can breeze through 4K footage

Not according to Apple they cannot ... like everything else - they downgrade the resolution etc to work ... only the iPad Pro can even touch 4K ...

iPad - Compare Models

rest are 1080 max.

Nigel

I'd be surprised if an ipad could perform tasks on a par with Adobe Premiere on the pc/mac.
But unless you are looking for pro results I'm sure there are plenty of mobile apps that are more than adequate.
What about android...any suggestions for editing apps...I don't mind paying?

Reactions: apprentice

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan