Whats a good photo editor outside of lightroom?

Reaction score
I don't have lightroom and i don't feel like paying a monthly subscription, any other options out there?

Was hoping to modify some night raw pics and maybe clean it up a lil, but not sure where to look exactly.

Appreciate the help!

You might try Photoshop elements. Not sure if it has a Raw Converter included with it though. To tweak Raw files you really need a good Raw Converter such as Adobe Raw.

I believe you can still buy Lightroom as a standalone out of B&H Photo for $142. Mine is Lightroom 6 that I bought about the time they began their rental subscription plan which I also don't buy into either (Still running PS CS6 here. Not that much changes in still photo editors, imho.). Elements or perhaps Corel's PaintShop Pro would be options too, or GIMP. There is a really good RAW converter out there called RAW Therapee which is free too, but it doesn't do the post editing touch-ups as well as the priors.

On1 Photo RAW might be an option later once they get it finalized. It has some plug-in issues to date, but it does work as a standalone.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
I believe you can still buy Lightroom as a standalone out of B&H Photo for $142. Mine is Lightroom 6 that I bought about the time they began their rental subscription plan which I also don't buy into either (Still running PS CS6 here. Not that much changes in still photo editors, imho.). Elements or perhaps Corel's PaintShop Pro would be options too, or GIMP. There is a really good RAW converter out there called RAW Therapee which is free too, but it doesn't do the post editing touch-ups as well as the priors.

On1 Photo RAW might be an option later once they get it finalized. It has some plug-in issues to date, but it does work as a standalone.

Yup , I've been happy with LR as a standalone since LR 4 and according to Adobe LR6 will be/is the last version of LR they put out as a stand alone ,

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Adobe was doing a promo for awhile with people that had DJI products. I think it was $7 a month. Not sure if they are still doing that promo. See if you can find it online.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4