What's a good Mac program for visualizing flight logs?

Reaction score
I wanted to try looking at some of the flight log data collected on the Phantom itself (not the RC), the file that can be extracted as a .txt file then converted to a .csv. I can get it into a .csv format but the quantity of data is huge. I've found trying to graph various items in Open Office is not practical.

I don't have Excel either.

So has anyone found a Mac program that can do a decent job of graphing this data?

Thanks

I wanted to try looking at some of the flight log data collected on the Phantom itself (not the RC), the file that can be extracted as a .txt file then converted to a .csv. I can get it into a .csv format but the quantity of data is huge. I've found trying to graph various items in Open Office is not practical.

I don't have Excel either.

So has anyone found a Mac program that can do a decent job of graphing this data?

Thanks

Have you tried uploading to Healthy Drones, or are you trying to do something else?

S

I've used "Open Office" for Mac. It has spreadsheet program like Excel. You'll be able to import .csv files into it... I've used it for years...

I tried Open Office, it just can't handle with the data quantities present in a 20 minute flight. I'm using a fairly up to date Mac, a 2013 Mac Book Pro with 8 GB of memory.

Reactions: QuadBart
All the sensor data kept by the aircraft.

So something above and beyond what Healthy Drones will do with the data?

I use something called Dashcam Viewer to watch the video that will show, speed, elevation, coordinates and a few other sensor stuff, during the video. And of course I upload to Healthy Drones to review the other sensor data.

S

So something above and beyond what Healthy Drones will do with the data?

I use something called Dashcam Viewer to watch the video that will show, speed, elevation, coordinates and a few other sensor stuff, during the video. And of course I upload to Healthy Drones to review the other sensor data.

S
I think healthy drones only works with log data saved in the Go app. I'm speaking of the more extensive data saved on the aircraft. Different data.

And dashcam is a Windows app. Won't run on a Mac.

Yeah, you're looking for the .dat files. Can't help you there.

I'm running Dashcam on my Mac. El Capitan. There must be two versions.

S

The dashware website notes that the SW only runs on Windows and suggest you use a VM to run windows to run dashware if you have a mac. Since I don't have windows I'm not going to pursue that. In any case dashware is for adding overlays to videos, I just want access to graphs of the data saved on the aircraft.

Thanks though.

Have you looked at the graphing Luap, BudWalker and TheRealNick do? I am not sure their data and applications. Just another resource you might check.

I think healthy drones only works with log data saved in the Go app. I'm speaking of the more extensive data saved on the aircraft. Different data.

And dashcam is a Windows app. Won't run on a Mac.

Sure it will, you just need to install Paralles and run Windows 7

The dashware website notes that the SW only runs on Windows and suggest you use a VM to run windows to run dashware if you have a mac. Since I don't have windows I'm not going to pursue that. In any case dashware is for adding overlays to videos, I just want access to graphs of the data saved on the aircraft.

Thanks though.

You're talking Dashware and I'm talking about Dashcam Viewer. Two different software products.

S

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20