What's a fair price to sell my P4?

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have a P4 that I got in September. Love it. 5hrs on it. But want to get into semi-commercial side with an I 1 Pro or I2.
What would be a fair price? Never crashed. Perfect condition. Any help?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Hi everyone. I have a P4 that I got in September. Love it. 5hrs on it. But want to get into semi-commercial side with an I 1 Pro or I2.
What would be a fair price? Never crashed. Perfect condition. Any help?

If you're going to be doing commercial work you'll need a backup unit. The P4 would be a good choice since you already have it, but the P4P is an ideal backup unit (because of the camera) due to size. I don't think you want 2 Inspires, one for backup. You're going to find out that the Inspire isn't ideal for every job, especially those that you need to hike a half mile to the launch site, or those where you need to fly somewhere on a plane. The P4 is way more convenient to transport, especially the I2 since it's even bigger than the I1.

If you're going to be doing commercial work you'll need a backup unit. The P4 would be a good choice since you already have it, but the P4P is an ideal backup unit (because of the camera) due to size. I don't think you want 2 Inspires, one for backup. You're going to find out that the Inspire isn't ideal for every job, especially those that you need to hike a half mile to the launch site, or those where you need to fly somewhere on a plane. The P4 is way more convenient to transport, especially the I2 since it's even bigger than the I1.

Thanks, John. Very good point. YouTube is loaded with exaltation of P4P. Do you think the camera is worth the upgrade. I.e. Sell the P4 And upgrade to P4P, then go I2? P4P might be easier to get hands on, initially. Some of our work might be launching from a boat this summer as well. I just feel like DJI will come out with PVXthat folds up in the next 2 months anyway, or maybe the Mavic Super Prothats as big as the I2, but folds down as small as the Mavic Pro. [emoji6][emoji57]

Thanks, John. Very good point. YouTube is loaded with exaltation of P4P. Do you think the camera is worth the upgrade. I.e. Sell the P4 And upgrade to P4P, then go I2? P4P might be easier to get hands on, initially. Some of our work might be launching from a boat this summer as well. I just feel like DJI will come out with PVXthat folds up in the next 2 months anyway, or maybe the Mavic Super Prothats as big as the I2, but folds down as small as the Mavic Pro. [emoji6][emoji57]

If it was me I wouldn't sell the P4 until you get into a situation that needs better quality photos or video. Depending on your target market the P4 will likely suffice 85-95% of the time, and the other 15% you can negotiate with the customer, potentially, if he's picky. The other issue is weather. If it's always windy where you are shooting, then an Inspire might be more appropriate to get work done.

As for photo/video quality, I think only a movie or commercial ad producer would want something more than P4, but that's just my opinion. If you're an Ianwood, then yes a P4P would be the appropriate backup to an I2. It really depends on your customer base and what they need for quality, as well as if they are willing to pay more for that quality. If you find a market that needs 20mp photos, or video shoots that are at night where you can benefit from the better ISO performance of P4P, then you should consider the P4P. I wouldn't buy anything (high dollar-wise) I don't absolutely need for my target market. Even the Inspire might be worth waiting on until you get going with your customers that need Inspire quality moves, or airspeed in video shoots.

I look forward to the day when I can say, I've gotta buy an Inspire 2. When I get a job that will justify that, and see more of the same in the future, that's going to be exciting times for me. It may not be too far down the road, so we'll see how long that takes. An Inspire is a big bird, it's not a craft to have fun with like a Phantom or a Mavic. Inspire is a serious tool that takes more effort and time to fly, dedicated for a purpose. It's not for the hobbyist IMO, unless you're rich of course. :rolleyes:

If it was me I wouldn't sell the P4 until you get into a situation that needs better quality photos or video. Depending on your target market the P4 will likely suffice 85-95% of the time, and the other 15% you can negotiate with the customer, potentially, if he's picky. The other issue is weather. If it's always windy where you are shooting, then an Inspire might be more appropriate to get work done.

As for photo/video quality, I think only a movie or commercial ad producer would want something more than P4, but that's just my opinion. If you're an Ianwood, then yes a P4P would be the appropriate backup to an I2. It really depends on your customer base and what they need for quality, as well as if they are willing to pay more for that quality. If you find a market that needs 20mp photos, or video shoots that are at night where you can benefit from the better ISO performance of P4P, then you should consider the P4P. I wouldn't buy anything (high dollar-wise) I don't absolutely need for my target market. Even the Inspire might be worth waiting on until you get going with your customers that need Inspire quality moves, or airspeed in video shoots.

I look forward to the day when I can say, I've gotta buy an Inspire 2. When I get a job that will justify that, and see more of the same in the future, that's going to be exciting times for me. It may not be too far down the road, so we'll see how long that takes. An Inspire is a big bird, it's not a craft to have fun with like a Phantom or a Mavic. Inspire is a serious tool that takes more effort and time to fly, dedicated for a purpose. It's not for the hobbyist IMO, unless you're rich of course. :rolleyes:

Again, great analysis. Great points. Thank you.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1