Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

What would cause sudden 25% drop in battery?

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by boludo, Jun 28, 2015.

1. boludo

This is the battery that came with the P3. I was just within 10 feet of me testing gimbal and settings. Battery said 51% so I thought I'd get ready to land it. Immediately low battery 30% came up and seconds later I landed it and took a screen shot of the voltage and battery showing 26%. I'd say 1 minute from 51% to just under 30%. Checked that battery was fully seated and it was. I'm running current firmware and app. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. 30secs

That is strange. I had a similar issue once but I was further away and switched to atti.. So I assumed it calibrated what it needs fit a safe return.

3. 4wd

4wd

I've noticed the last few minutes it seems to go down much faster than at the start according to the display.
    That might be a feature of the chemistry.
    It wouldn't hurt to do the full discharge to 8% or less as I think this helps with calibrating the rate of use, and you might get some capacity back.

4. OldFlyer

This seems like either an error with the app or the firmware. At 15 volts the battery should show more than 1097 mAH remaining. A fully charged battery is 15.2 volts. Remaining power should be more like 4097 mAH.

5. boludo

That was my thought as well. I have the latest firmware on the SD card. This is the first time I have seen it but also the first flight since I updated the app.

6. OldFlyer

I think you should try to get one of the US DJI representatives l that view this forum to take a look at this post. If this kind of error happened at a distance it could bring down the P3 for no good reason. It makes me nervous about flying to see this. I think "Blade Strike" might be a DJI rep.

7. bobmyers

Yes, get blade strike to weigh in on this-- just a reminder== lipo discharge is not proportional-- the lower the cells get, the faster the charge rate goes down. Fifty percent should take a couple of minutes to degrade to 30%, but not immediately.