Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

What will happen if crash happened between WayPoints ?

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by AAC, Nov 17, 2014.

1. AAC

AAC

My recent ground station waypoints flight crashed to unexpected soft branches on ascending path between saved Waypoints.
    My PV2+ lost control, free fell 15 feet (not touching ground yet) and keep low flying 3 feet above ground like no control. Almost hit a moving vehicle. Just wondering why the flight locked to 9 GPS signal couldn't pick up the original paths after the soft crash and free falling ? Is this normal ?
    Eventually, I switched to ATTI mode to turn it off. What will happen if it hit by curious seagull or pigeon when it is in the air under Waypoint mode ? Will it fall to the ground zero or free fall some distance and back to programmed paths if picks up GPS signal ?

2. 4wd

4wd

Well hitting something won't be good and I wouldn't expect it to easily recover and continue the mission after a tumbling fall.
    Do you get good satellite numbers when you restart?
    The GPS antenna is somewhat prone to damage

3. MapMaker53

Hit anything and you are probably just falling to the ground with a very sad ending.

4. AAC

AAC

Thanks.
    It was lucky that nothing got wrong after a free fall 15 feet. It kept flying 3-5 feet above ground but not following the saved waypoints. There was more than 8 satellites picked up before and after soft crash.

5. RCF - DRONE

Like tosee that video...

6. aartsf

Interresting story and question AAC. Doesn't anyone has a simular experience or an answer with respect to AAC's question?