What will happen if crash happened between WayPoints ?

AAC

Reaction score
My recent ground station waypoints flight crashed to unexpected soft branches on ascending path between saved Waypoints.
My PV2+ lost control, free fell 15 feet (not touching ground yet) and keep low flying 3 feet above ground like no control. Almost hit a moving vehicle. Just wondering why the flight locked to 9 GPS signal couldn't pick up the original paths after the soft crash and free falling ? Is this normal ?
Eventually, I switched to ATTI mode to turn it off. What will happen if it hit by curious seagull or pigeon when it is in the air under Waypoint mode ? Will it fall to the ground zero or free fall some distance and back to programmed paths if picks up GPS signal ?

Hit anything and you are probably just falling to the ground with a very sad ending.

Thanks.
It was lucky that nothing got wrong after a free fall 15 feet. It kept flying 3-5 feet above ground but not following the saved waypoints. There was more than 8 satellites picked up before and after soft crash.

Interresting story and question AAC. Doesn't anyone has a simular experience or an answer with respect to AAC's question?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic