What was this??

Reaction score
What happened here? Drone never crashed is healthy.
Only thing new i did today was a sun lense cap and new gimbal guard attached. Nothing else. It flew fine in overall but did this.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

exactly. thats what i got.
+ i just remembered, when i turned drone on, it had a cap on already, and i think it couldn't do the gimbal "dance" properly
you might need to balance the camera with some weights, or scrap the sun hood as it might cause too much stress on your gimbal motors as is.

you might need to balance the camera with some weights, or scrap the sun hood as it might cause too much stress on your gimbal motors as is.
So, thebest option is to not use the sun hood at all?:)

You could try balancing it like the people with rainbowers filter kit do

You could try balancing it like the people with rainbowers filter kit do
Personaly i didn't like it cause it BARELY fits the camera. It very stressfull to put it on.
So i prefer to work without it.

So you guys think the thing in the video is lens cap fault??

Personaly i didn't like it cause it BARELY fits the camera. It very stressfull to put it on.
So i prefer to work without it.

So you guys think the thing in the video is lens cap fault??

I've a friend had a similar problem, looked like the lens cover was catching or rubbing on the gimbal guard.

It depends how far a weight is positioned from the fulcrum (the center of the axis motor.) 2g can be multiplied by distance. 2g positioned 2.5cm away would need to be counter balanced by 4g positioned 1.25 cm away on the opposite side. (Back of camera axis) I don't know the exact lengths here,,,just trying to go by memory, but powered off, the thing is well balanced. Add weigh opposite the camera lens until the camera can be placed at any angle (powered off) and doesn't move when you let go. Double sided tape,,,penny, nickel, quarter?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I wonder if prop wash or some other gust of wind could put more stress than just the 2g.

Btw: this should not be called a "cap". A cap completely covers a lens. This is best called a lens hood, regardless of what the mfg calls it.

At any rate, it almost looks to me as if the lens hood hit the newly-mounted gimbal guard.

Edit: added "not".

Last edited:
"At any rate, it almost looks to me as if the lens hood hit the newly-mounted gimbal guard."

I bet you are exactly right

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic