What was the TFR in Chicago yesterday (7/13/16)?

You need to contact DJI about this.
People here cannot fix problem.

This area is NOT on map.

robinb- do you work for DJI? No? Then not talking to you.
I'm not in anyway expecting the People Here to fix the problem.
I am trying to get DJI's attention on multiple fronts about a serious problem.
And let others here know about it.
I also sent a not to DJI through their website but don't believe that is always effective.

And what do you mean "this area is NOT on map"? It absolutely is.
I'm also not the only one to have seen this.
Ask anyone in Chicago right now.

It surely is. And if you don't live anywhere near here your Go app will not reflect our local NFZ issue. I've tried zooming out & selecting other cities or parts of the country to do that & it usually does not show until I am physically in that region.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
robinb- do you work for DJI? No? Then not talking to you.
I'm not in anyway expecting the People Here to fix the problem.
I am trying to get DJI's attention on multiple fronts about a serious problem.
And let others here know about it.
I also sent a not to DJI through their website but don't believe that is always effective.

And what do you mean "this area is NOT on map"? It absolutely is.
I'm also not the only one to have seen this.
Ask anyone in Chicago right now.

It surely is. And if you don't live anywhere near here your Go app will not reflect our local NFZ issue. I've tried zooming out & selecting other cities or parts of the country to do that & it usually does not show until I am physically in that region.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
You need to contact Dji as I said, email is something like fly safe @ Dji .com

When I say it's not on map it is not on the geo maps on Dji website as being a restricted zone.

Email them, ring them

I did send a note through DJI support. And I'll also do as you suggest. But with something so screwy can't understand why you wouldn't want me to post about it here.
Get people informed. Get others - who are affected to ALSO contact DJI and get their attention.
I and others did the same thing when the NFZs were first instituted because someone in China decided that no one should fly within 3 miles of any major stadium 24/7 365 days a year. Which cut out flying in huge areas of every major city in America.
It got corrected. We have to make noise when there's a problem.

I did send a note through DJI support. And I'll also do as you suggest. But with something so screwy can't understand why you wouldn't want me to post about it here.
Get people informed. Get others - who are affected to ALSO contact DJI and get their attention.
I and others did the same thing when the NFZs were first instituted because someone in China decided that no one should fly within 3 miles of any major stadium 24/7 365 days a year. Which cut out flying in huge areas of every major city in America.
It got corrected. We have to make noise when there's a problem.

DJI probably do not watch this forum, why would they ?
Best is to put it on their forum, ring them, email them.

I have a question. What firmware are you on?

Update:
I deleted the Go app from my iPad , then reinstalled and restarted the pad.
All seems fixed.
Sorry for the upset.
Reason I jumped to the ideo that there was something wrong with the NFZ is that I'd been flying 2 days before this first happened with no problems and had no reason to believe that my app could be the culprit. And someone else in my area reported the same issue.
But- I was wrong. Apologies to DJI
And glad I figured it out- with help and advice from forum members.

Thanks all.

Glad to see it is fixed

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Now to just get the altitude metadata to record the correct AGL altitude.... I'll really be happy.
Maybe that's fixed now too.....

I can fly again! Read on another thread to remove DJI GO app and re-install. All better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers