What video settings do you guys find works best to create the best quality video.

Reaction score
I hear some people mention that 720 60p looks better than 1080 30p. What does everybody else use. I am using the Phantom 2 Vision Plus with stock camera.

Thanks

Edited to include camera type.

Last edited:
All depends on camera. Are you asking about a Dji, GoPro or what?

All depends on camera. Are you asking about a Dji, GoPro or what?
Sorry about that. I edited the post to include that it is a Phantom 2 Vision Plus, stock DJI camera

Sorry about that. I edited the post to include that it is a Phantom 2 Vision Plus, stock DJI camera

Best DJI camera settings starts at 5:23 .
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I don't kow if it is a good idea to follow a "camera how to" from a guy who does not know what is "exposure compensation". He calls it "another white balance"...

Reactions: Nerius and mmee1992
I don't kow if it is a good idea to follow a "camera how to" from a guy who does not know what is "exposure compensation". He calls it "another white balance"...
He seemed like he had no clue what he was talking about. But neither do I so I wasn't sure lol.

IMO the best Phantom stock camera settings video:

Reactions: ussms

Is this good for a Vision plus as well?

In-app setting are same for Vision/Vision+, so in my opinion and experience, yes. Anyway, I did not found a better video about camera settings. The only thing I'm experimenting with is not to set WB to auto, but to choose sun on sunny days and cloud when sky is completely covered with clouds. The reason is, when WB is set to auto and Phantom flays from sunny area into the shadow area, color sometimes changes drastically and I don't like this. By my opinion is better to have constant and most suitable for current situation WB and then make final colors correction in post-production.

Ahh I see. It looks like the gimbal is the only difference between the two.

In-app setting are same for Vision/Vision+, so in my opinion and experience, yes. Anyway, I did not found a better video about camera settings. The only thing I'm experimenting with is not to set WB to auto, but to choose sun on sunny days and cloud when sky is completely covered with clouds. The reason is, when WB is set to auto and Phantom flays from sunny area into the shadow area, color sometimes changes drastically and I don't like this. By my opinion is better to have constant and most suitable for current situation WB and then make final colors correction in post-production.
Thank you so much for the help. I will give these a try.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic