• Adobe Premiere Elements

• Da Vinci Resolve

• Sony Movie Studio

• Corel VideoStudio Pro

• Power Director

• Vegas Movie Studio

• Apple iMovie

Results are only viewable after voting.
I use premiere pro 2017. It's good for fix the tilt horizon that appear sometimes. Also love the color grading tools. Here's my latest video:

As a stock footage provider to several video stock agencies, I use Adobe CC products which are always kept up to date at no extra cost.

As a stock footage provider to several video stock agencies, I use Adobe CC products which are al
ways kept up to date at no extra cost.

I chuckled at the "no extra cost" for updates comment, when you pay way more, every month, for the life of the software usage. I'm still using Microsoft Outlook 2010, that's 7yrs. If I had paid $236/yr (the annual fee for Premiere Pro) for that application, that's $1652 total! You could buy FinalCutPro 5 times for that..... but hey, you're not paying for updates. As long as you're happy about no update cost, and you're OK with the high cost of PremierePro, that's good, but I don't think it's worth noting free updates as an cost feature when you pay so dearly.

I have a hard time paying monthly for any software, that's just me. If you're a full time video editor it would be worth it to a studio that needs that kind of capability, but for most of us here something like Premiere Elements, or one of many other consumer products are sufficient for most needs. I bet 95% of Premiere Pro users in this forum never use features that aren't in Premiere Elements, but I may be wrong. Some user may be training themselves with PremierePro to possibly start a different career while learning to fly, but that learning can also be done with Premiere Elements, depending on the learning curve you need to get to a PremierePro level skill set.

I chuckled at the "no extra cost" for updates comment, when you pay way more, every month, for the life of the software usage. I'm still using Microsoft Outlook 2010, that's 7yrs. If I had paid $236/yr (the annual fee for Premiere Pro) for that application, that's $1652 total! You could buy FinalCutPro 5 times for that..... but hey, you're not paying for updates. As long as you're happy about no update cost, and you're OK with the high cost of PremierePro, that's good, but I don't think it's worth noting free updates as an cost feature when you pay so dearly.

I have a hard time paying monthly for any software, that's just me. If you're a full time video editor it would be worth it to a studio that needs that kind of capability, but for most of us here something like Premiere Elements, or one of many other consumer products are sufficient for most needs. I bet 95% of Premiere Pro users in this forum never use features that aren't in Premiere Elements, but I may be wrong. Some user may be training themselves with PremierePro to possibly start a different career while learning to fly, but that learning can also be done with Premiere Elements, depending on the learning curve you need to get to a PremierePro level skill set.

I have no idea where you came up with a price of $1652 for Premiere Pro as every program they have for 49.99 per month or $599.88 plus state tax which includes all updates a year. There's a lot more to video than posting your footage on YouTube. There's also a lot more to editing footage than some may think and that includes you.

I have no idea where you came up with a price of $1652 for Premiere Pro as every program they have for 49.99 per month or $599.88 plus state tax which includes all updates a year. There's a lot more to video than posting your footage on YouTube. There's also a lot more to editing footage than some may think and that includes you.
You can get PP CC for 236/yr if you pay up front for PremierePro only, instead by month, or $239/yr, paying by month ($19.99/mo). My example was 236 X 7yrs= $1652. If you pay 49.99/mo for the whole creative cloud suite, over 7yrs would be $4200! Lets just say you used it for 3yrs, that still $1800! However for $50/mo that includes the whole CC, which most won't use even 5% of it's the CC capability, kinda like cable TV, paying for a bunch of stuff you never use. $600/yr is a lot of money, same as an Avid setup. This just seems way overkill for 98% of the forum pilots, but I may be wrong. I think unless you're producing commercials or movies, etc. you don't need premiere pro IMO. Sure, there may be a couple of features that you are using that aren't in Elements, but is it worth $600/yr, instead of $69 for Elements? That's one of the reasons I'm curious what people are using, and spending.

I don't use PP, but I want to move to something else, so I'm shopping.

It would be very helpful if someone is familiar with both Premiere Elements 15 and Premiere Pro CC could disclose the features or capabilities for video editing that are in PP THAT YOU ACTUALLY USE ALL THE TIME, that aren't in Elements, which are compelling enough to justify the extra $651 every 3yrs? (36mos X $20 = $720 - $69 = $651)

Well, John, that's the difference between you and I. While you spend your time on how much it's going to cost over time for a particular program over another I'm paying for my software each month through sales. It is not necessary to produce commercials or movies to use the software I'm using and make money doing it and not worrying about how much it is going to cost me.

Look aerial photography/videography is not particularly my bag and the things I can do with a camera you can't even come close to with all of your toys.

You can get PP CC for 236/yr if you pay up front for PremierePro only, instead by month, or $239/yr, paying by month ($19.99/mo). My example was 236 X 7yrs= $1652. If you pay 49.99/mo for the whole creative cloud suite, over 7yrs would be $4200! Lets just say you used it for 3yrs, that still $1800! However for $50/mo that includes the whole CC, which most won't use even 5% of it's the CC capability, kinda like cable TV, paying for a bunch of stuff you never use. $600/yr is a lot of money, same as an Avid setup. This just seems way overkill for 98% of the forum pilots, but I may be wrong. I think unless you're producing commercials or movies, etc. you don't need premiere pro IMO. Sure, there may be a couple of features that you are using that aren't in Elements, but is it worth $600/yr, instead of $69 for Elements? That's one of the reasons I'm curious what people are using, and spending.

I don't use PP, but I want to move to something else, so I'm shopping.

It would be very helpful if someone is familiar with both Premiere Elements 15 and Premiere Pro CC could disclose the features or capabilities for video editing that are in PP THAT YOU ACTUALLY USE ALL THE TIME, that aren't in Elements, which are compelling enough to justify the extra $651 every 3yrs? (36mos X $20 = $720 - $69 = $651)

I use Premier Pro CC as well, and yes I hate paying the monthly subscription but there is just no way around it; nothing else on the Windows platform comes close. I also use Lightroom, Photoshop, and After Effects. I am mainly a photographer that specializes in everything from models to fashion to lifestyle to real estate, with an occasional video virtual tour or promo video for a customer, so yes it pays for itself many times over.

If you want to compare Elements to Pro they have a feature comparison freely available: Adobe Premiere Elements 15 vs. Adobe Premiere Pro CC based on the chart Elements will stop working in 2021 so even that license is not perpetual.

I definitely would not recommend Premier Pro CC to anyone not doing it professionally; typically my recommendation for home/hobbyist videographers is Corel VideoStudio due to ease of use and plethora of home/hobbyist features.

I use Premier Pro CC ......

If you want to compare Elements to Pro they have a feature comparison freely available: Adobe Premiere Elements 15 vs. Adobe Premiere Pro CC based on the chart Elements will stop working in 2021 so even that license is not perpetual.

Yes, I've gone over this comparison charts and don't know why I'd need or want Premiere Pro yet, since Elements provides 4K support, and everything else I do, such as speed up, slo mo, grade color, add music, as mic audio, transitions up the kazoo are offered.... more than I need. I'm only editing 1080 today, but someday I'll migrate to 4K, however I'm unsure what I would use in PRO that would justify the extra $650 every 3yrs in cost. Can someone help me out with 3 compelling reasons to use PRO? What am I missing here? The GPU acceleration is a good reason to use PRO, but I think I'd only need that with 4K.

I have a hunch that PRO users have never used Elements, and PRO is fantastic, so why bother? (money maybe). At the same time, I suppose most Elements users haven't migrated to PRO because they are happy with the subset functionality, which is consumer oriented. I'm finding out Elements does everything and more that my Pinnacle Studio 19 does. I've used various Studio versions for 10+years for family vacations to Lake Powell, Mead, Yosemite, etc., and it's always been fairly reliable and adequate. I've been watching Lynda.com training for Elements, it appears to be fairly complete, based on my experience, however I'm not doing this for work, yet. My ignorance on PRO is high, hence looking for some justification for using it. There are some YouTube comparisons, but seeing those is why it appears to me that Elements will suffice 99% of the time.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl