What version of DJI go do I need to remove height limit.

Reaction score
I want to bring my phantom up a mountain to scout ahead and have some good pictures but I will need to remove the height limit as I will need to take it above 500m from its launch point, and where I want to climb doesn't have any aircraft above it. What version did DJI implement the height limit and which version should I use for my new replacement Phantom 3 Advanced.

That limitation is in all versions of the firmware.

Someone can climb first, fly a/c, lower it down and take your pictures while climbing.

Are you climbing the mountain as well? You could make the trip in 500 meter increments, i.e. land the Phantom somewhere as it approaches the limit and then catch up to it during the climb, and repeat.

Are you climbing the mountain as well? You could make the trip in 500 meter increments, i.e. land the Phantom somewhere as it approaches the limit and then catch up to it during the climb, and repeat.

Very, very easy to say, but practically is another thing, near to the impossible or impracticable if you do not have a mountain as an old Egyptian pyramid, with wide flat steps, not inclined and unobstructed, where to land, without loosing signal immediately after landing, because of something between the antennas on the feet of Phantom and the ground station!!

Reactions: Meta4
I do this routinely with my P3 (example below flying about 2800 feet up). You have to have firmware version 1.3.2 or earlier and use Litchi 2.3.1 or earlier.

Those people hanging over the edge are nucking futs.
Awesome place to shoot, really love it. Me thinks some autonomous modes would really shine here, like course lock, point of interest and lower the setting on camera pitch movement.
I'm no expert, but these really help me.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20