What transmitters and receivers do you guys use?

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

First of all, if there is already a thread pertaining to this topic, sorry! Could you post a link to it?

If not, what transmitters and receivers do you guys use? Also, for what applications do you use them for? RC planes, quads, distances?

I'm planning on building an RC plane, as well as an F450, and want a 6-channel transmitter and 2 receivers (one for each). Additionally, I want to be able to hit ranges of at least 3,000 feet. Ideally I would like to stay under $250 for the transmitter and receiver, but I'm not sure if that's possible for what I'm looking for. Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks in advanced for your help, suggestions, and ideas!

edit: talking about RCs not FPV, my bad

I think he means remote control due the requirement for 6 channels.

I use an FrSky Taranis and X8R with all of my models. I used to be a big Spektrum user but after I saw how configurable the Taranis was, I switched.

I'm in agreement with Rilot about the FrSky receivers, you get an awful lot for your money. I don't currently own a Taranis instead I'm using a Turnigy 9xr with a FrSky DJT module. I have V8FR receivers in my F550 and my FPV plank. Telemetry on the Hex is via the Datalink Ground Station and via the APM 2.5 on my fixed wing.
Regards
Nidge

I'm using a turningy 9xr with orange transmitter and receiver, it works great, i'm using it also for a plane and a car, each with his receiver, i bought orange because they are really cheap butwork great in normal condition (never tested great range) but i plan to switch to frsky for the telemetry funcion

I'll second all the comments above suggesting FrSky gear, I have the Taranis as well as the DJT transmitter module in another controller, and they've both worked great with the X8R receiver.

The Taranis is an amazing bargain for what you get, but using a Turnigy 9X or 9XR controller with a FrSky DJT or XJT transmitter module is the least expensive option and will still give you great range and functionality.

Remember that when using the NAZA the first 6 channels are already claimed by the system for the sticks and flight mode/IOC switches, so you'll want more than that if you ever want to add any accessories. FrSky does make an X6R receiver with only 6 channels (but all the other same goodies as the X8R)...but for the minimal price difference I'd suggest just putting an X8R on the 450 at least.

The X6R is a 16 channel receiver, the same as the X8R. The main difference is that the X6R only has 6 traditional outputs.
Rather confusing names I will say.

X8R is either 16 via s-bus or 8 via s-bus and 8 traditional. I run mine in Hybrid mode on the S800 EVO so I can control the A2 via 8 s-bus channels and then I have 8 more traditional for things such as the iOSD Mk2, camera shutter, zoom etc.
X6R is either 16 via s-bus or 12 via s-bus and 6 traditional.

rilot said:
The X6R is a 16 channel receiver, the same as the X8R. The main difference is that the X6R only has 6 traditional outputs.

Right, my mistake. I think if you use the DJT it they will be restricted to 8-channel operation, but with the XJT or Taranis they can use all 16.

OI Photography said:
Remember that when using the NAZA the first 6 channels are already claimed by the system for the sticks and flight mode/IOC switches, so you'll want more than that if you ever want to add any accessories. FrSky does make an X6R receiver with only 6 channels (but all the other same goodies as the X8R)...but for the minimal price difference I'd suggest just putting an X8R on the 450 at least.

Thanks everybody for the help! I forgot that the NAZA is 6 channels, so it looks like I'll be getting the FrSky 2.4GHz ACCST TARANIS X9D Digital Telemetry Radio System and the FrSky X8R 8/16Ch S.BUS ACCST Telemetry Receiver W/Smart Port. This way I'll have some room to grow.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik