What to go with? Standard or advanced

Reaction score
I am looking at the standard or the advanced for purchasing. I am leaning towards the advanced but not sure if the price difference has value. I am looking for leisure use, when I go up in the mountains and more scenic pictures and videos.

You can compare the differences between those models here. Make sure you check them out in detail and understand the differences before making your decision.

I am looking at the standard or the advanced for purchasing. I am leaning towards the advanced but not sure if the price difference has value. I am looking for leisure use, when I go up in the mountains and more scenic pictures and videos.

I was at the same point as you and I went for the P3A for my son. For the money light bridge and a cleaner controller layout was worth it to me. Not having to worry about wifi interference was a huge selling point for myself.

IMHO, the BEST value is at the Advanced. Assuming you want/need the features it provides at the price point it comes in.

1. Standard - $500. Decent unit. Limited range. WiFi video link. Decent camera. Good entry level bird with solid features for the money.
2. Advanced - $800. $300 over standard. For that you add a better camera. You add a better RC unit with more controls including camera/video and programmable buttons. You add lightbridge video link so your device doesn't use WiFi anymore. The GPS sensor can use GLONASS as well as GPS satellites. You gain a better camera chip sensor in the Sony Exmor. Better lens. Slightly higher megapixels. Removable filter ring (for adding ND and CP filters) Way extended range. VPS module for near ground and indoor flying sans GPS. Nice returns for a $300 difference.
3. Pro - $1200. $400 over Advanced, $700 over standard. The difference between advanced and pro is very minimal. The only significant difference is going from 2.7k video to 4k video. You also get higher video link bandwidth of 10m/s opposed to 2m/s for Advanced. A higher wattage charger so battery recycle times are reduced. Thats about it. Same controller, same lightbridge, same body and electronics, same motors, etc.

So, for the $300 difference from S to A, you get a lot of value for that money spent and you end up with a much better bird. The $400 difference between A and P is, IMHO, not worth it for most people unless you REALLY need 4k video capability. Unfortunately nobody here can make the decision. You have to analyze your needs with your wallet and come up with the best compromise for both.

Thank you very much, that is exactly what I was looking for in a response. I am going with advanced. Thanks again

So I ordered the advanced. I'd there any accessories I should order right away? I know on my fc40, I ordered the 9" props and it made a huge difference.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20