Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. Nobody

Hi Folks
    I revenly received my new P4 I read studied over again finally after week or so took first flight loved it always used beginner mode made approx 7 short flights then it happened
    Flying around back yard in beginner mode at 90 ft although was hovering shooting sunset when I noticed although going crazy it fell 90 ft into my pool don't know why battery was at 55% was doing nothing crazy /// What would be my next move I have tried to dry it with hair dryer as well as rice it has been couple days have not tried to start again
    Any ideas????
    Thanks Vince
    Sorry for the rambling

2. flpholt

call dji and see if they will fix it plus if you can download flight logs experts on here will be able to see what happened

3. Nobody

Trying to get them off tablet

4. Nobody

Here is what I have

Attached Files:

5. Nobody

Good morning
    I sent the same email to the support at dji , the response was not what i expected , they pretty much told me i was on my own nothing they could or would do , now i did not speak to anyone on phone but you can bet ill be on it when they open this morning
    what is sad this is the second one i had the first never flew tried for week had several guys with p3 try with no luck thanks to amazon sent it back ordered this one which fell out of the sky like a rock

6. Andrapolis

Sorry to hear about your crash. I had a similar experience where my RTH somehow reset to zero which resulted in a crash. DJI suport was the worst customer service I have ever experienced. And to add insult to injury I had paired $300 for DJI care.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

7. Nobody

You are right I also spent over 600 on accessories

8. Nobody

I sent files to view has anyone looked at them

9. Trackman1

10. Phantomix

11. Phantomix

i know this may be adding insult to injury but next time dont get DJI care :/
    I got neary aerial insurance. i told my friend to get it and he got it with me. he crashed it into a telephone pole then it spiraled into a lake. it was completely ruined but he still replaced it FOR NO COST!

12. Trackman1

This is weird Phantomix. When I click the link, it goes to site, but does not open log file.
    So I downloaded the log files and they seem very small.

13. Nobody

No iwas not expecting that just some info since i had no idea also i was told in a reply to post here and some folks may be able to look at them let me know what happened
    did not mean to bother you

14. Trackman1

It is no bother my friend. I was just getting you to help your self. You will get more people to look at your log if they can just click the link rather than download the log then have to upload to view.

But there is something strange that the log files do not open in the viewer.

15. JDP4

DJI support WHAT is that?? I cant even get hold of them, they dont have any after sales support which in my mind is critical for any expensive equipment you would expect to work to a high standard. That will bite them in the arse one day as so many other drone companies are going to overtake their market share and deliver reliable after sales support. That why if you buy a P4 i would suggest buying it form Apple store at least you know they would provide you the support needed.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

FlashBuddy and flpholt like this.
  16. IIIDaemon

...Nobody, as others have suggested, contact DJI.. with the limited nfo you've given I won't try to speculate on what happen but i will say that the P4 has Heat Issues.. specifically Heat Dissipating Issues, flying in beginners mode (obviously depending on ambient temps).. it can overheat.. the batteries on the P4 vent directly onto ESC's.. I'd really like to see your FlightLog File, DJI-Go generates a DJIFlightRecord_*.txt file, you could post it here or email it to me, again, if you don't mind, to the following email address...
    vadata(at)yahoo(dot)com
    Thanks
    IIIDaemon
    www.GasRecovery.net

#16 IIIDaemon, Jul 31, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2016