What to do in case of a flyaway? (Hypothetical)

i screenprinted my p3p rescue.the blue circle represent my galaxy mobile in which i use with my rc. I just walked towrds my bird location until we met..all you need is to activate a google map app on the mobiledevice and find your location on it.then go back to the pilot app.it will syncronize with the google app and thats about it.

Attachments

• 1435252076056.jpg
    1435252076056.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 277
i screenprinted my p3p rescue.the blue circle represent my galaxy mobile in which i use with my rc. I just walked towrds my bird location until we met..all you need is to activate a google map app on the mobiledevice and find your location on it.then go back to the pilot app.it will syncronize with the google app and thats about it.
Isn't the Dji app supposed to pinpoint your GPS location regardless? It uses the Google maps all doesn't it?

Seems to me the obvious thing to do in case of flyaway is a csc.....i mean right? That will stop the bird in its tracks.

My iPad Mini 2 was overheating and lagging in the 100+º we are having, so I was able to get a Refurbished Air 2 LTE for $375, be here tomorrow. My iPad didn't have GPS but when tethered to my iPhone 6+ I had no issue at all. I don't see where GPS would have made any difference in this situation, by his own admission he initiated AutoLand, and not Go Home. If you hit Autoland it is going to stop and land right where it is, gps or not. I have yet to hear of a fly-away on the P3, but there is and will always be pilot error.

Well now im not sure if i realy switched the autoland or the RTH on...?if i switched the autoland on,so yes my mistake....very basic stuff...
Autoland would be the Icon with the down arrow on the app, RTH is the hard button on the controller and needs to be pressed and held for 3 seconds or so., plus it lights up. There is no way to confuse the two.

Isn't the Dji app supposed to pinpoint your GPS location regardless? It uses the Google maps all doesn't it?
The app cant pinpoint the controllers location without GPS at the controller. I cant for the life of me understand why there are so many having trouble understanding this!

Nope, WiFi only iPads don't come equipped with GPS, only WiFi+Cellular iPads do. You don't have to activate cellular, but you DO have to have it for GPS.

Edit: I wished one could see someone said the same thing as ones own comment, yet faster, before ones post goes up.
You can delete your own post at any time after posting it, if someone beat you to the answer. However you canot delete a thread that you started yourself. That can only be done by a moderator.

The app cant pinpoint the controllers location without GPS at the controller. I cant for the life of me understand why there are so many having trouble understanding this!
No one is disagreeing with you at all. The app pinpoints location based on the GPS and Google maps FROM THE DEVICE.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers