What to do about battery firmware 1.5 but drone at 1.4

Reaction score
Hi All,
I had temporarily updated my drone to 1.5 back when 1.5 firmware had come out. After getting the vibration issue, i had downgraded back to 1.4. That was like a month ago or something and havent flown the drone yet as its winter here.

However i will be travelling to a hot place next week and I just realized that the battery probably stayed at the 1.5 firmware. From what i know, the battery doesnt downgrade. Now i know 1.5 had some bug also where the batteries were turning off at some threshold of voltage drop or something..hence 1.6 had come out.

I dont want to update to 1.6 due to the whole geo fence thing...

Question is,,, is 1.5 safe for the battery? Can it be downgraded or you think the battery would have been downgraded also when i went back to 1.4 on the drone?

thanks

I think that there wasn't any battery update with the 1.5.0030 firmware (see here about 1.5.0030 update: DJI Forum|Phantom 3: Firmware v1.5.0030 Install Guide and Support Thread "There is NO battery update included in this firmware version"). Last battery update was with the 1.3.20 I think (see here about firmware 1.4.0010 update : DJI Forum|Guide: Phantom 3 Firmware 1.4.0010/1.1.0030 Update "IF you are on the 1.3.20 firmware, there is NO firmware update for the battery"). The problem with the batteries shutting down themselves, bird falling from the sky, ... if it's even real must come from the combination of drone firmware 1.5.0030 and battery firmware 1.3.20. If someone has more info, or if that's wrong, just tell us.

I'm in the same situation as yourself, my drone was on warrantly, and they update it to 1.5.0030, I then went down to 1.4.0010. So I think my batteries are still on 1.3.20 (how can I test that ??)

Hmm I see..thanks. I wonder if I put the 1.4 firmware on the sd card and power on the p3. Perhaps the log file and or the hidden log files will shed some light on what was updated or what the existing versions are etc?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20