What to check on used V1.0

Reaction score
Hi all, complete newbie here... I have found a used V1.0 with two batteries, seems cosmetically perfect, owner claims flew it six times and then left in box. I tend to believe him. What should I be concerned with?
I'm looking at it as a good training platform? Have just bought a 4 and would like to get some time in on a similar flying drone that cost a lot less. What is it worth? Any help greatly appreciated.

You've already made an excellent start...

Starting on a P1 (V1.0) to learn how to better fly a P4 is a really smart thing to do.

Do what you can to review the P1 literature and get a feeling for whats involved.

Resist going to fast, ask an awful lot of questions and learn the terminology.

Before your 1st flight:

Find a wide open space, pick a wind free day, make sure battery is fully charged, be sure your P1 is connected (linked) to your controller (Transmitter), make sure you have a home point recorded, lift off in GPS mode, at only a few feet off the ground test to be sure you understand what each stick does, don't go high and practice over and over again until your confidence improves.

If the P1 doesn't take-off completely level, find the problem before trying to fly.

There are a lot of good people on this forum and in the rcgroups forum to help you when you need it.

Thank you! Really appreciate the advise. Anything in particular to check on the Phantom itself before I buy? It's $175 so could probably spend do a little on it if needed. Just don't want to spend hundreds!

If you haven't already paid for it, ask the seller to give you a demo flight. A good flight will rule out most problems if any exist.

If it hovers well, its probably in good shape.

Fully charged and assuming the batteries are healthy you'll be able to fly anywhere from 8-12 minutes per battery.

After that charge the batteries with the charger I assume comes with the P1 until the charger light turns to steady green.

Never store a battery fully charged.... if you have fully charged batteries and don't plan to fly for a few weeks, be sure to discharge the battery to about 3.4v per cell. Storing a fully charged battery gradually weakens the battery and eventually it will no longer be able to hold an adequate charge.

Edit: Just saw your last message.... the v1.1.1 was the best (most advanced) P1 model made.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl