What to Buy

Reaction score
Looking to buy a P3 Professional or P4. I have no experience with drones, live in AZ so lots of great landscape and I'm a certified proytechnician. The reviews on the P4 are not the best. The P3 seems to have a lot less issues. If you were in my position, what would you suggest?

I'm not sure which reviews you're referring to, but I find many people are reviewing them based off the specs/features without ever seeing them in person and/or flying them. Both are great quadcopters. If I could only buy one and I had no set budget, I'd definitely get the P4. It has a lot of great new features.

Amazon is where I found the reviews, over 35% rated the P4 a 1 Star. My concern is due to my lack of skill and knowledge, is the P4 to advanced for me at this time.

My concern is due to my lack of skill and knowledge, is the P4 to advanced for me at this time.
The P3 is just as advanced as the P4. I like it better solely for the build quality. It also has includes important features like its locking prop system and redundant IMU/compass. I don't know if you've been keeping score lately, but I'm seeing more Phantom 3s randomly falling from the sky than Phantom 4s. Perhaps that just means there are more Phantom 3s out in the wild though.

Where in AZ?
I am in Gilbert. Get P4 more features, better body. Buy from BB or Apple in case you need to return/exchange it.

Lots of local guys around, ask for help of how to fly it and training.

I highly recommend that you consider the P4. I did have a P3P, but sold it when the P4 came out. As others have said, so many more features, and it is very easy to fly and control. The obstacle avoidance is a great feature that makes you aware of objects in the path of the drone. It even provides automatic avoidance or either around or above anything that may be in it's path. Both the P3 and P4 are very nice, but I really feel the P4 is a much better machine for the price, even thou it is higher than the P3.

Buy from BB or Apple in case you need to return/exchange it.
Amazon is a great place to buy from too -- if Amazon ships the order. They have a 30-day no hassle money-back guarantee. And, most can be purchased tax-free.

Amazon has the P3 Advanced for $599. P3A, 3 extra batteries, DJI hard-shell backpack or similar. Best bang for the buck.

Looking to buy a P3 Professional or P4. I have no experience with drones, live in AZ so lots of great landscape and I'm a certified proytechnician. The reviews on the P4 are not the best. The P3 seems to have a lot less issues. If you were in my position, what would you suggest?

Yes, sir. It was a Lightning Deal. They expire within 24 hours or when sold out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers