What to Buy FC40

Reaction score
Question I have: I would like to purchase a Phantom FC40, attached is a Phantom system offered by Amazon.com. Do you think this would be a good purchase? This is all I am looking for I am not interested in the P2, I cannot afford spending the $1K amount for what FC40 Phantom can do.
I would like your thoughts.
Sincerely,
Timsco60

Attachments

• Phantom FC40.png
    Phantom FC40.png
    146 KB · Views: 581
the fc40 comes with its own camera, I don't know why they are saying go pro, got mine from b h photo, be carefull where it ships from, you shouldn't have to pay shipping and it should be delivered in 3 days. I ordered mine on a sunday and it was on my step Tuesday. that price seems to high.

Agreed. If you want to spend that kind of money get a P2 with H3-3D and a GoPro. I have seen the FC40 for as low as $409. What do you want to do with this craft? That is the ultimate question.

Tahoe Ed said:
Agreed. If you want to spend that kind of money get a P2 with H3-3D and a GoPro. I have seen the FC40 for as low as $409. What do you want to do with this craft? That is the ultimate question.

Amazon is mentioning 2- cameras a FPV and a GoPro black, what is the cost for a FPV? I am planning to fly and at times take movies. The question I have will taking movies and pictures be outlawed by our state governments? I received an e-mail today see attachment that we might not be able to take pictures. If this is so I might just go with a FC40 less a camera.
Timsco60

don't worry about it, just get the thing and have fun, why buy the fc40 and a gopro, just get the regular phantom v1.1 and go get a gopro [urlhttp://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1010830-REG/dji_cp_pt_0000011_quadcopter_with_gopro_mount.html][/url] I don't know if this link will work but b h photo has the v1 for 479$

Make sure that weherever you buy it from they are an authorized seller.

As for the FC40 with hero 3, well you now have 2 cameras with wifi 2.4ghz.
The FPV they are mentioning is the FC40 camera.

I don't know what to respond to this really but you know the new gopros will be out sooner than later and the 3's will be discounted. You have alternatives like the SJ4000 camera which is 100$ of ebay and films 1080P pretty nicely. You keep the Fc40 camera as FPV and connect it to a repeater like the Amped Sr10000. Now all of sudden you carry FPV distance to 1000 feet distance.

The FC40 is on 5.8GHZ transmitter.
The Phantom 1.1.1 is on 2.4 GHZ transmitter.

You ask me I prefer 5.8GHZ. That's just me. I dont' plan to fly without visual contact of it anyhow, or at least dont' plan to go more than 1500 feet or so. That is very far away, but the camera should be able to help with orientation if you get confused.

Reports that the stock transmitter got distances of 3000+ feet, so that's pretty good. Of course at that range the FC40 camera will be out of comission for FPV.

can you not extend the gopro's wifi the same way with a repeater?

and just for the OP, here is an example of the gopro connecting to a smartphone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj55JAaGWXQ

although the gopro has an insane amount of lag... which is kind of sad, considering a cheapo AR Drone 2.0 working with a half sec delay or so

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20