What the hell does this mean

Reaction score
What's flying over the ocean my warning Low battery came on was heading back this occurred
19761bee0822a0351fe63951b7f04bc5.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

It's a feature of firmware 1.6. When your battery voltage is low, your Phantom backs down the power in your motors to prevent them from stressing the battery to the point where it can shut off mid-flight.

It's a feature of firmware 1.6. When your battery voltage is low, your Phantom backs down the power in your motors to prevent them from stressing the battery to the point where it can shut off mid-flight.
Thank you for taking the time to explain I appreciate it

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Holy crap on a cracker! Tonight, I was trying to update the firmware on my P3P and it started making this loud DOT-DOT-DOT-DOT and will not stop, no blinking lights. Just that noise. And, to make things worse. Now, my micro-sd card slot in the gimbal will not keep a card inserted! What the hell is going on?!

That DOT DOT DOT DOT noise is normal as far as I know. I remember it doing that when I updated my firmware. There was a blinking red light on the gimbal though.

Yes this happened to me.. I stopped the firmware update before it was finished. So I took it outside and covered it with a towel ( I believe it started the repair process) after about 10 minutes it stopped the loud beeping and then started the regular firmware beep. I have read that you need to watch the light in the front and make sure it is green as well as the beeping sequence. Not sure if I said all of that correct, but that's the way I understand it.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have read that you need to watch the light in the front and make sure it is green as well as the beeping sequence. Not sure if I said all of that correct, but that's the way I understand it.
The issue is usually resolved by trying to install the firmware again (like this).

That DOT DOT DOT DOT noise is normal as far as I know. I remember it doing that when I updated my firmware. There was a blinking red light on the gimbal though.
I've not heard it this way before. It usually goes dit dit dit....dit dit dit... but this is a LOUD DOT DOT DOT DOT DOT DOT... that doesn't end

To make matters worse, now the micro sd card slot will not 'lock in' the card........ it just slides right back out.

The loud sound is from unsuccessful try on the update. Just bear with it and try again. Anything could have interrupted it. Eventually it will go through and get quiet. I got that when I was at 43% update. But I thought I stalled so I disconnected the update to reset it. All hell broke loose with the noise. After. I put it in the bedroom and shut the door and after about 20 plus mins. It got quiet. And I saw the update was complete. It was the. A long beep followed by two short beeps. Update has no effect on the ability to hold your sd card. Wait for the click and should be fine.

Is there a way to rest the quad back to factory setting then do the update

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Is there a way to rest the quad back to factory setting then do the update

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Pretty sure there is no reset. If there is it would more than likely involve taking the drone apart and doing something on the motherboard.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers