What tablet to use with phantom 3 pro

Reaction score
I have a p3p and i wana know what tablet has a good frame rate to keep up with the camera and not skip frames or chop out.and which ine has gps chip because i will be on lake recording with no service of any sort any ideas? I was gona get an ipad mini 4... comments ?

iPad mini 4 should be good enough

Reactions: konidair
I have a p3p and i wana know what tablet has a good frame rate to keep up with the camera and not skip frames or chop out.and which ine has gps chip because i will be on lake recording with no service of any sort any ideas? I was gona get an ipad mini 4... comments ?

I tried using my Samsung Note Pro 12.2. It works but video lags. Went back to using my Samsung Note 4. Perfect. But I am also looking for a nice tablet to use only with the P3..

Reactions: konidair
No tablets are great in direct sunlight. The iPad Mini 4 looks the brightest to my eyes though.

The Google Nexus 7 (2013) if you're only picking between the two I mentioned above. If I had my choice though, I'd take the Nvidia Shield K1 since it's a monster performance-wise.

I have an iPad Air 2 and it works great. Putting on a hood for it makes it look ridiculous IMO. 9.7" screen helps me a lot since my eye sight isn't that great.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have the Ipad mini4 and the K1. I choose the K1 over the mini4. You can screen record with it, it has GPS, has HDMI out, expandable memory...etc etc.
The screen brightness side by side with the mini 4 is almost the same, but it doesnt matter because outside the sun glare on either of them is terrible as with any tablet (sunshades or hoods do not really help at all, honestly. So I bought anti glare screen covers for both. Now the K1 looks better in the sun than the mini 4.

iPad mini 4 should be good enough

I have never used any android device, so can't comment on K1 but have read very good reports about K1. Yes it has built-in HDMI port to connect an external monitor or a FPV Goggle.

The iPad Air2 Cellular reigns supreme over all other non nuclear devices. Ha

RedHotPoker

I have a K1 and an iPad Pro 9.7...The compass doesn't work on my K1(google it) and the screen glare is bad...I added an anti-glare screen cover and a hood and it still wasn't great...On the iPad Pro everything works and the screen glare is reduced by something like 50% as I think it is for the mini 4 also...I don't even use a hood with it...Comparing the two tablets is like night and day but you do pay for that...If you go with iPad and you want GPS you will need the cellular model...The ONLY thing I miss on the K1 is the HDMI port...It mirrors the screen to my Head Play goggles...Now with the iPad I have to use the HDMI port on the back of the controller and it doesn't mirror the screen exactly.

Check out this video comparing screen glare

I have a K1 and an iPad Pro 9.7...The compass doesn't work on my K1(google it) and the screen glare is bad...I added an anti-glare screen cover and a hood and it still wasn't great...On the iPad Pro everything works and the screen glare is reduced by something like 50% as I think it is for the mini 4 also...I don't even use a hood with it...Comparing the two tablets is like night and day but you do pay for that...If you go with iPad and you want GPS you will need the cellular model...The ONLY thing I miss on the K1 is the HDMI port...It mirrors the screen to my Head Play goggles...Now with the iPad I have to use the HDMI port on the back of the controller and it doesn't mirror the screen exactly.

Check out this video comparing screen glare

Is that fair comparing 2 tablets with such huge price differences? That would be like saying it's not fair my little Ford isn't as good as my Jaguar!

Is that fair comparing 2 tablets with such huge price differences? That would be like saying it's not fair my little Ford isn't as good as my Jaguar!

He said nothing of price being a factor and I did mention that you pay for it...I have two to compare and they are the two...In the case of the K1 vs iPad Pro you get what you pay for and I was willing to pay...If I were him I would go with the iPad Mini 4 w/cellular...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4