what tablet for DJI Phantom 3

Reaction score
Hi
what is the best tablet for flying the dji pjantom3?
I am using an iphone 6 plus at the moment and i was thinking of upgrading to iPad mini 2.
on you youtube (i think) some said to use a cellular ipad otherwise the GPS will not work properly...is that true?

Mark

Reactions: flying4adams
some said to use a cellular ipad otherwise the GPS will not work properly...is that true?
Cellular iPad models contains a built-in GPS receiver. The Phantom only uses that GPS receiver for the Follow Me feature or if you want to manually reset the home point to your current location after takeoff. If you don't need to use those features, then you won't need GPS on your tablet. All other GPS-related features use the GPS that's inside of your Phantom.

Reactions: flying4adams
Hi
I was not aware you could reset your home point after take off, i thought it was possible only before take off !

I just flew with my new Galaxy S2 8" yesterday evening and was quite pleased.

Smooth, easy to see. Nice and light as well.

Hi
I was not aware you could reset your home point after take off, i thought it was possible only before take off !
After takeoff, you can reset the home point to your Phantom's current location or to your mobile device's current location (if it has a GPS receiver). Both of those options are available at the top of the "Main Controller Settings" in DJI GO.

I have been pretty happy with my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0". It doesn't have cellular but I just download offline maps from Google Maps and it works fine with DJI Go App. I would invest in an anti-glare screen protector.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20