What Tablet Are You Using, and Are You Happy?

I am getting lag in the video feed with mine, any tips or anything you are doing in the settings? I am on 1.1.9, I just updated the app this morning but haven't had a chance to try it since I updated the pilot app
I'll be posting a video in a seperate thread on this a little later today.

Currently I'm using my Samsung Note Edge, which works pretty well. Interested in something larger, but I know for instance that people are having problems with the Galaxy S 8.4. Wanted to see what is actually working well in a tablet.
I use a Kindle Fire HDX... works perfectly... smooth video...

Nvidia Shield 8". Works great for me on the P3p and on the Inspire. Glad I went Android. Seems to be better supported by DJI and SDK programmers.

Thanks - just got mine yesterday so haven't had a chance to try it out yet. Looks to be a nice size.

So far I've only used it for the Pilot app.
It has crashed (?) a couple of times but hasn't caused any problems other than losing the flight record. Always pops up right away.

The DJI Pilot App is the ONLY app I can fly without video issues. All the other developer apps using DJI's SDK cause issue like in this short video I put together a while back.

Currently I'm using my Samsung Note Edge, which works pretty well. Interested in something larger, but I know for instance that people are having problems with the Galaxy S 8.4. Wanted to see what is actually working well in a tablet.
tablets_phone.jpg

I'm only 5 flights in to my P3P, 5 on an iPhone 6 plus and 1 on an iPad Air 2. The iPhone was perfect but the Air2 had blocky pictures and even dropped the image a couple of times.

It must have been my set up though reading how people on this thread love their Air 2.

Do people turn of wifi & Bluetooth etc?

I had mine the tethered to my iPhone 6 as I've no SIM card inside.

Currently using an ipad mini 2. I like it, better then my iphone 6 that i had to stand upright and tilt the controller to see what i was viewing, lol. Wish i had the 6+, but then i again i wish i had a lot of things.... :p

Fly mostly with my Nexus 9 and love it (after adding a matte antiglare screen protector). I need to make a couple more flights with my Tango tablet. That said, if it breaks I'll probably pick up a shield, though I've been holding out for the shield2.

Fly mostly with my Nexus 9 and love it (after adding a matte antiglare screen protector). I need to make a couple more flights with my Tango tablet. That said, if it breaks I'll probably pick up a shield, though I've been holding out for the shield2.
Out of curiosity, what do you hope to gain with the Shield2? The existing version has no lag, so are you shooting for less than no lag? If you're waiting for the 2 to come out so you can scoop up a 1 for less dough, that I would understand.

Reactions: ctp
Out of curiosity, what do you hope to gain with the Shield2? The existing version has no lag, so are you shooting for less than no lag? If you're waiting for the 2 to come out so you can scoop up a 1 for less dough, that I would understand.

The short version is I don't need another tablet, but I'm a horrible gear fiend so I'll probably get a Sheild2 when it's released just because it's hot, fresh, and new.

The processor on the Nexus 9 is extremely fast, and the huge screen is great for showing people what I can see and not see.

Before I make any changes though I really need to go fly with with my Project Tango tablet, which is really a Shield on steroids (Nvidia K1 processor, 4GB RAM) and LTE. That is what I'll be testing for Youtube streaming with.

The short version is I don't need another tablet, but I'm a horrible gear fiend so I'll probably get a Sheild2 when it's released just because it's hot, fresh, and new.

The processor on the Nexus 9 is extremely fast, and the huge screen is great for showing people what I can see and not see.

Before I make any changes though I really need to go fly with with my Project Tango tablet, which is really a Shield on steroids (Nvidia K1 processor, 4GB RAM) and LTE. That is what I'll be testing for Youtube streaming with.
Ok, then I get it. I am a gadget nerd too (thus the Phantom(s) :)) And coincidentally, just last night I dropped my Nexus 10 onto my basement floor and shattered the screen. Trying to decide what to replace it with....

Reactions: ctp
Android sucks. It does not have all that functions that Ipad has. Using Ipad mini 3. No overheat. No lags. No jerky picture. Everything is smooth and SHE talks to me!!! Dump android if you want to fly pro.
I have an iPhone 6 and an Android Iconia Tab 8 I got at Costco for $150. Both work equally well with the P3 and have all the same features except the flight simulator (which I have never used). The Iconia has GPS and GLONASS and has worked flawlessly with my P3 including the annoying talking... LOL. Of course it isn't as elegant as my iPhone and the camera sucks, but I bought it for one purpose only. To run DJI pilot.

Galaxy Tab A... 8"..wifi model only. Other than minor fpv lag (no flicker just a bit slow mo) the tablet runs very well.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1